Register now to get rid of these ads!

FOUND! Concept Showcar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indy88, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. metalshapes

metalshapes

Not at all.

And I wouldnt have noticed that if I wasn't interested in his work...

Although I have to admit, as interested as I am in his Art, seeing a interview with him spoiled the effect a bit for me.

3. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

No I'm not! LOL
    FRITZ :)

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Cool car.Dont blame you a bit for grabbing it . Would like to see what you do with it.

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

..or had the wrong kind of mushrooms in his salad...

6. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

find a baffed motor from a cigaret boat find 6 holes that will hold compression and drop the other 6 piston clamp off the oil holes on the crank and lock the valves on the top and run the thing that way no one will be the wiser

7. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I think it's cool as all get out. I need to start hanging out at more estate sales.

doc.

8. great investment. I'm positive you will get the last laugh when you sell that to the "right" collector for big $$$$. if there were vintage revell models of that thing, I'd have at least 3! and a redline hotwheel! very cool.

9. dragster dude

dragster dude

thats some seriously weird shit

10. because it was the 70's. and the Jetson's were on tv.

11. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

NOT A HOT ROD? Lets see, built from the ground up out of the imagination and creativity of one mans mind, from parts scrounged from other existing cars. HMMM, sure sounds like a Hot Rod to me! And as far as it being "sculpture" I've seen plenty of quarter million dollar '32 Roadsters being pushed in and out of trailers in my day and lord knows if they have ever been on pavement, but there Hot Rods! If you don't think so, just ask the guy who wrote the check!

Sorry so touchy this morning, but I'm a professional artist, I do it for a Muthafuckin living, and no ones been kissing my ass lately!!!!:mad:

12. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

killer wheels, would be real cool to put those kind of wheels into an studebaker 1953 along with an simular engine, wow...

13. indy88

indy88
    from Indiana

Sent the car to auction to see if we can find a new owner to restore it. Online auction..e...bay , we will see? We build Hot Rods, this is cool, but we could use the dues on other project cars of our own

14. mogara

mogara

I saw that listed on the Christys auction and badly wanted to go check it out. Unfortunately, I was out of town at the time. There was an interesting mix of cars that were auctioned that day. Did you buy anything else? Wasn't there an Auburn or Cord too? Can't remember the other cars, but I remember being bummed I could make it to the auction. Good luck with the sale.

15. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That car needs to have the Lambo motor again. go down the list:

Conceptual art car from a long time ago? Check

Lamborghini stuff? Check

Famous or well known Artist? Check

Artists other cars in museums or on display? Check

This car is totally worth restoring right.

16. Remind me again why a "Concept Showcar" built in 1974 by an anti-American, narcissistic Italian artist should be discussed on a Traditional Hot Rods & Customs forum?

Now that indy88 is selling this 1974 car/sculpture (to build/restore actual Hot Rods), perhaps this thread should be moved to the classifieds ... or just closed.

17. I think he´s Swiss.
    I wouldn´t worry about the anti-American thing either, since he doesn´t appear to have a good word to say about anyone else either. You can´t accuse him of discriminating.;)

18. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Now that it is mostly just about turning it over for some $$$, I kind of agree with that.

19. James D - You're right ... he is Swiss (but actually born in Berlin, Germany) ... I guess I was thinking he was Italian because he borrowed parts from my favorite sports car of all-time (the Lamborghini Miura) to create this "1974 Concept Showcar".

20. brad chevy

brad chevy

Take it back where it was,maybe it will be missing for another 30 years,just don"t tell nobody where you hid it.Artists need to stick to drawing and painting cars.hell even the weiner car looks better than that thing.

21. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

22. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

YUCK!!!

and you don't think it EVER really ran.

thats enough for me. not interested... in my book NOT KOOL. if it can't function as a normal car whats the point?

art???? then take the wheels off and call it art.

I don't like it.

Ugly as hell even if it DID work. Which it doesnt'.

23. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

It does look like a foot, Maybe it should be up his Ass.:)

24. indy88

indy88
    from Indiana

The Cord was a fiberglass replica project, sold for 3800.00. new Cobra fiberglass body only sold for 1200.00. There was a 38 foot boat with aluminum trailer sold for 700.00.

25. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

where can we see the car listed? I would like to see what it goes for!

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yeah... I think you are right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.