Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found cars in the desert and some 58 Fury questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiat128, Jan 19, 2009.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Yesterday I found lots of cars out riding around. I only took a few pix but I thought I'd put them up (everybody seems to like pictures of old rotten cars, including me -check out the custom panel truck). The Wildcat you can barely see on the right was complete. I searched around but couldn't find an owner for these. Whoever it is seems to be using the lot full of cars as a goat pen!

I also found a two door 58 Plymouth Fury in the woods (left the camera in the car). There's no mechanicals in it (rats!) but it looks like there's still some stuff on it that looks worthy of saving if anybody's interested in it.

I pulled the rear side window frames, the rear window stainless and some misc. trim that was lying around the car.

The doors are very good so I'll go back for those and the front windsheild stainless, the dash and the tailight housings. The front clip is lying upside down partially buried under a juniper tree. I'm gonna dig it up and see if it's still solid.

The car was lifted off the chassis by the back parcel shelf so it's bent up pretty bad in the middle but the rear fins and the firewall look pretty good. Is it worth trying to cut these out of the car for people making customs or is there not much interest in stuff like this? I'd hate to leave it to rot if someone out there can use it.

Attached Files:

2. George

George

3. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Fiat128,
    Sent you a PM!

4. Shnatch that dash panel with 150 MPH speedo, steering wheel and the "made for" emblem .

5. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Somebody already got that stuff, they left just the metal dash but at least it's in good shape. Steering column was gone too.

6. `57 Ford Fordor buried up looks pretty rough man. Is that in a wash or was it bulldozed?

7. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

This was part of an enbankment that had been made out of cars. I guess the guy wanted to make sure his yard wouldn't wash down onto the road below. Pretty weird way to shore up a wall but I guess it works pretty good as the newest car was from the early 70s and they looked like they had been that way for a long time.