Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Found and interesting 37 Olds yesterday.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64gtoguy, Jun 10, 2011.

1. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

OK so I found this 37 Olds that has an interesting piece of script on the dash.
    Any of you seen anything like this on other cars ? It is definately not an add on. It is part of the dash trim. And by the way, an offer has been made on the car. Now it is a waiting game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. F&J

F&J

In the mid 50s or so, Olds dealers had a dash ornament that was called the Rocket Circle. It had an oval black backround that the dealer put your 3 initials and then the number of Olds you had owned so far. The outer edge was a gold rocket and exhaust trail going around the black oval.The rest was diecast chrome and screwed to the top of the dash.

If you search, maybe you can find it. They show up on ebay sometimes.

So I would guess Olds was rewarding repeat customers even in 37?

3. F&J

F&J

4. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

Sounds logical to me !! I thought it might have been some sort of executive thing, like the third Olds built in 37... At least thats what I was hoping for.

5. unkamort

unkamort

Thats really cool. Never seen that before... Unfortunately you'll never see that sort of thing again. Good luck with the purchase.