Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "found" a 36 Chevy 5 window coupe- is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gnn60gt500, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Well this is about as close as you can get to a barn find in Orange County CA :)

Found a 36 Chevy coupe- all original steel - 99% rust free

All the wood seems to be in good shape

original motor was rebuilt 20 years ago- guy starts it every 2-3 years
    brakes, front end, suspension was all rebuilt about 20 years ago as well

All the gauges work/ been restored
    Had new glass cut- not in car yet
    Has restored all of the interior pieces- they are all in boxes waiting to be installed-
    Has all of the original seats, need to be refinished though

He has all the parts- car is solid- but this would be my first attempt at a 30's anything- as the oldest car I have owned until now is my 56

Oh yes- car is still 6 volt system- but has entire new wiring kit to turn to 12 volt

Body is just really nice-

I can pick up for $5500- any idea of this is a good deal? What the heck is this thing worth?

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Car is complete- just slightly not assembled-

2. 93blazer4dr

93blazer4dr
    BANNED

sounds like a very good deal with all the stuff being redone and you just have to go through everything and then put it back together and you said everything is their ready to go back on the car and from what I can see the body is perfect. I think 5500 is a good deal but always talk them down unless they say firm.

3. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

I Like it rust free //// buy it

4. Uptown83

Uptown83

Sounds like a good price if that's what you want.

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

I would buy that...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

that sounds like a good deal.. check the door wood, when you open a door, does it sag? just a little is ok, more, then wiggle it up & down to see how much play is in the wood in the hinge area. it looks like a nice car.

7. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Sounds like a great deal to me.

8. Thanks for the advice- luckily the guy who is selling the car pointed out to me that the doors didn't sag- was very proud of the condition of the wood in the entire car-

I spent almost 3 hours with the guy- he was very patient and went over every single piece of the car from front to rear- most of the questions I would usually ask I didn't have to-

Only thing wrong which he said he has not had time to look into is one of the tie rods is hitting the bottom of the oil pan when you turn - nothing too bad but he said it is scraping (he has driven the car up and down his street a few times 15 years ago- he said he wouldn't drive it now because he had gone through the brakes 20 years ago- and didn't really trust them anymore though

9. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

Great deal!! Lots of work already done, wiring can be changed with no trouble.
    Tie rod issue isn't a big deal. Take some pics. Post em up, we will help u around that.
    If say jump on it!!
    If the thing was all one color, running and driving you could double your dough!

10. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Good deal mate,if you try to lowball him,he might tell you to go jump, Gaz!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

36's are breed of their own,if the body is striaight (SP) i'D SAY go for it...

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Can't get hurt at that price.

13. Rust free, good wood, and $5500..oh yeah that's a good deal.