Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Found a 1933 Plymouth in a garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by its_a_nick, Oct 14, 2008.

1. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

This oldtimer at work was talking a couple of months ago about this old plymouth he had briefly back in the 40s. He said it was a much better car to drive than the old fords he had before. Faster with the flathead six and a smother ride. I asked him what happend to the car and he said he sold it to a friend and he drove for 5 or so years before he put it away. What he could remember was he thought it was garaged to about 1970 sometime then his friend moved to another small town around here and took the car with him.
    Fastfoward a couple of weeks and this other bloke comes in to work and it just so happens i had my hotrod to work that day. He asks if its mine and then starts to talk about a old car that this oldbloke has outside of town. He said the bloke had bought it way back and drove it for a while then put it in his garage he had then moved it in the 70s to where it is now.
    This sounded like the same car i had heard about a few weeks before so i asked if he knew his name. He did.
    So last night i was out in the woods knocking on his door. A man in his 80s opens the door and i present myself and ask about the old car. The plymouth he said? its not for sale, im going to fix it.(yeah right)
    He was about to go back in and i asked some more questions about it, we started chatting and next thing we were in the garage looking at his 1933 Plymouth. It was on floorjacks and he had started pulling it apart. After about an hour of talking old cars and the memories in the plymouth and showing some old photos he said;
    Well i suppose if you wont to buy it you can take it!
    Ok its a plymouth and its a 4 door but its all there and rust free. Let me remind you i live in sweden and these old things dont pop up everywhere in this rustfree condition.
    I cant fit 3 kids in my coupe so i thought this would do the trick.
    Some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He said that when he moved the car 71 he got it running and drove it to his new garage. He then started to do some work to it. He pulled the fenders, running boards and doors of and had them sandblasted and primerd. Everything he took of is marked and in boxes. He said he turns the motor sometimes so it dosnt stick
    If the price is fair i will get it otherwise it will just be a cool story. If i get it i will get it running fairly stock then see where to go with it.

2. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

nice find, those plymouths have some good lines and this one appears to be rust free. i like the defroster

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

What are you waiting for? Get it man.Looks like a great project for the whole family to enjoy.Keep the coupe for yourself.

4. not a lot of grumpy old guys with guns over there huh?:D nice find man and good luck with the purchase..

5. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

That was my thought exactly. "In the woods" knocking on doors..... deathwish in alot of places but sounds like you lucked into a meeting a cool old fella.

6. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Nice find! congrats

7. Don't let that one get away from you,,,plymouths make great looking cars and nothing wrong with a mor-door. HRP

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Great find! You should get it as it'll make a great family sedan. Maybe it'll get the kids interested in cars. Looks to be complete and in really nice shape. You could attempt to get the original drivetrain running especially if it's only going to take the family local. If that fails, update the drivetrain and you have a really nice family restorod.

9. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Grab that sucker, Those early 30s mopars are cool and even the 4 doors make cool rides. Great family rod

10. good luck...buy it and take it home and start reviving it and then start driving it...looks like a pretty solid car...great find

11. please respect the car. outstading job !

12. froghawk

froghawk

What a great find! If the rest of it's as nice as the graining on the dash, you've got a real special piece, there. Go for it!

13. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

I am for sure going to get it if the price is right. He was going to let me know in a couple of days.

14. thinkfink

thinkfink

congrats, great find and good luck for the deal...

15. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Lets see some more pics, it must have felt like christmas for you.

16. Nice find, those things are built well. I briefly had a 33 coupe in the 70's. Good Luck