Register now to get rid of these ads!

FOUND!! 60's Gasser 41 ford coupe!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cfnutcase, Dec 22, 2013.

1. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Found this 60's gasser that was redone in the late 70's/early 80's to a street rod, I know it seems strange to put it in the traditional Customs section but I have been wanting to build a late 40's style taildragger Sam Barris style car for a long time, so this will be it, I have been gathering parts for some time for several projects and this is one of them, so I have been diggine them out, and I am picking the car up tomorrow. I am planning on a 4" in the front and 5 1/5" in the rear chop on the top, appeltons, skirts, cad grill, taillights in the bumperguards, 303 olds with hydro trans, not real sure on colors but likely dark green or black with white and green if I go green on the outside or white and red if I go black on the outside. So anyways that is the plan, pick it up tomorrow and start on the car this coming weekend! Here are some crappy pics of the car from the day I found it. I got the car for $1000!!:D Jim

Attached Files:

2. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Jim,

Nice score! Good luck with your build! Bob

3. Gasser,street rod and now it's gonna be a custom,that car has lived several lives. HRP

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for you. Gasser to street rod to custom. She keeps getting lower...lol.

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That's a great score, looking forward to seeing what you do to her!

6. zjerry

zjerry

Nice looking Coupe..

7. Just curious.....what part of the country did you find it in?
    Looks pretty good really.

8. 1941coupe

1941coupe

you should be arrested for stealing:D,,,nice score and the olds should fit nicely good luck

9. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

The car came from right here in Forsyth MO but was from Il a few years ago.. Here are some pics from yesterday after I got it home..Jim

Attached Files:

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Hey, you're gonna save the Mustang dash bezel and neato power brake pedal.....right?:D What were we thinking in the 70's?

11. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I tell ya what, I am really thinking I should just stick the engine and tranny in it and run it this summer for fun....I think it would be a blast at the HAMB drags!! I could spend the summer gathering parts and go to cutting it up next fall and have a blast with it this summer as a gasser!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Not sure I get the idea to chop up a car with a history when there's so many cars with no history out there that could be cut up instead. Unless it was spectacularly unsuccessful as a race car, or so screwed up it can't be brought back to that again.

13. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Looks like a great starting place...

14. Merry Christmas!!!!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013