Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Found 32 roadster with history???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bear Metal Kustoms, Feb 13, 2009.

1. S.F.

S.F.

Wow I just threw up in my mouth alittle. BUILD IT AS IS! restore it as it was the 50's. A car like that would go for 9-10 K around here.

2. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Good to hear from you Jason,

The sport coupe I was on my way to pick up when I dropped the HEMI with you is pictured in my avatar. I made it a 5-window with a 59A flatty.

I hope you buy the roadster because I think it is a bargain, but if you change your mind I know someone with cash and no bullshit that will buy it.

PM me if you decide to pass.

Thanks,

Tex

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Id buy that thing for that price. If all 32’s were stock bodied and up on the frame, how boring would that be :confused:
    The last swap meet / rusty 32 roadster I saw was 28K

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  4. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

i think its neat!!!! not all old hot rods were doane spencer quality , to part this car out would be a SHAME! ....

when exactly did the h.a.m.b. turn into a bunch of PUSSYS?

i garentee someone puts this thing back on the road,respects it as an old built car and cleans it up a little , the first place it shows up, jaws will be dropped ....all the naysayers will affirm how cool it is ....and all you cookie cutter types still wont get why anyone else wouldn't want a 4 bar equipped 350/350 32 highboy with radial white walls and red wheels!

5. ranchwagun

ranchwagun

It's cool.....Buy it !

6. autobilly

autobilly

Shifty makes a good observation.
    If you had the time and a little cash, you'd jump on it in Oz. However you might not pay the shipping and exchange rate to bring it here, even though it's an original deuce roadster.

7. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

That car would be an easy $10k here in the rust belt. I would slap it back together as is and drive it.

8. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Leave it the way it is. Just get it running. Should be cheap to do. You will have a blast with it. You would not have to worry about it and it will be the only one like it........you will never regret it. Everbody said this was the ugliest roadster they had ever seen. You have to see what it can be. Vision.

Attached Files:

9. bonesy

bonesy

The market is tough, but that is an easy +$10k car.

10. Cirilian

Cirilian

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well it's been over a month and a half,.... what's the update on this deal ?

12. vertible59

vertible59

I have no idea what the car is worth, but if it was mine it would be PRICELESS! The "little pages" were full of stuff like this, many with similar modifications. If it was mine, I would try to bring it back to what the original builder intended it to be and enjoy the hell out of it...and if some "purist" didn't like it...well, there would be a bunch more cars at a show he could look at and critique.

13. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

so it has some flaws...it is still a real 32 roadster! They dont make em anymore. It is what it is! Restore the s.o.b. like it was in the day and drive the shit out of it! Enjoy it and accept it as it is. If I had to guess what it is worth...I would say probably right at the 10k mark. THe best of luck. I love the damn thing!

14. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Here is an update.. The car is still in the guys garage.. He was out of the country for about 3 weeks.. I passed on a few HAMB guys numbers to him...As far as I know he hasn't called anyone yet.. I will have to go back out to his house and get something going on it..He still wants to sell it.. Jason.

15. jason,
    i think you have to bring that deuce home.
    Al.

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Since this thread was started here I think it should end up with someone here on the HAMB. that way can all see it evolve into what ever it's fate is destined to be.

Frank

17. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

that`s a cool roadster, I hope it finds a good home and some one to love it
    wonder if it was in any Elvis movies over there ?

18. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

Well, I think it'd make a perfect matching roadster to my coupe (avatar) so I bought it last night. I wish I'd seen this thread before (fortunately I don't mind about the lower body as I wasn't planning on changing it much anyway) but I wanted it almost instantly (because of it's similarity to my coupe). I'd love to get some pics of it as it was so I can return it to the way it was.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ill get slammed for this ,The car is workable Ditch the back fenders and grill ,I personally like the custom body ,I wouldnt pay more than 8000 even with shipping ,But with some work it could be a cool ride........

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I get a kick out of these kind of threads. Survivor ? Or piece of old junk ?

32 or not, what makes it so special because it was done in the 50s ? If you took a nice original duece today and turned it into what we see posted here, would you be celebrated as a perfect "period builder" ?

Or would you be chastized for ruining a good deuce roadster ? I think I can guess the answer.

So what makes the fact that it was butchered and turned into a piece of crap way back in the 50s so special ?

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

just say what you really feel

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey why not ? A valid question I think.

23. Bill..........really??? Say it with me 'my name is Bill and i hae a problem' hahahahahah
    I have a decklid i will sell/trade you if you want a better one LMK!

24. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

I would LOVE to hear more insight from you on this Blue One. I might need educating as to what's cool and not worth crushing (I presume that's what you are suggesting - crush it - right?)

One man's crap and junk(?!) is another man's treasure. Are you calling a channelled 32 Ford roadster from the 60s a pice of junk and crap? The doors can be unwelded, the bottom replaced and the fenders removed and then I'll have some piece of junk crappy 32 ford roadster I suppose. I mean, you do raise a very valid point. Why does anyone like old crappy junky cars anyway. :rolleyes:

Personally (seeing as though you asked so nicely) I like it because what is there is a 32 Ford, I liked channelled cars, it's fixable and I think it's cool (except for that grille shell which to be honest I could do without). Besides, how do we know it wasn't saved as a rusted out piece of junk and crap that was very rusted along the bottom (it was Hawaii after all)? And yes, being old and obviously a hot rod (from any era) even if it is ugly (I see no ugliness) it's still cool (to me anyway) and even if it is a piece of crap (are you on the right website?) I like it and that's all that matters to me. Not sure it's cool calling someone else's car a piece of junk and crap though. If it was sitting in a field - fine but you know someone owns and loves it now so try not be such an arse.

I have heaps of problems. The first of which is I like ugly junk and useless crap but I'll probably take your deck lid - then again I might leave it looking the way it is. Birdshit and all. I can see the number plate now...

25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey, have fun. I was just thinking out loud, hell if the car was a couple blocks from my place it would likely be in my garage.

And the challenge would be fun. Not nessesarily making it into a cherry deuce roadster, just at least a little more cool-presentable.

Just wondered what was so mystical about these old cars that were quite obviously built by someone lacking taste and or skill.

There were very accepted and well built cars back in the 50s and then cars like this one. Just the same way it is today.

Have fun with it, and do what you think is right. (Never once did I suggest it should be scrapped)

Judging by your coupe, I'm sure you will be able to make it what you want it to be.

( Totally agree, lose the grille shell )

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  26. F&J

F&J

Here's a legit question from someone who does like to see a few of the old "unusual builds" get saved...

So, like you said about the rad shell..at what point does a person stop changing things on an old build? or better yet, should you change anything that is not a saftey issue, just cosmetic??

27. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

Granted I wouldn't have removed the bottom of the car but I would have raised the fenders and not put that grill together (though some people are liking it - I don't see it yet) and these days I would never weld up the doors but now that someone else has already done it I may as well go with the flow.

Sometimes being a little odd is a good thing - that's what my therapist tells me every week anyway. It still has those unmistakeable 32 ford reveals and flowing lines. If it ends up beiong too low I'll probably weld all the bottoms back on and raise it slightly so it's at least a full car again. If I'd gone that far I think the fenders would be redone as well and I'd have a look at unpicking those doors (not sure if it's got hinges) but the overall look pleases me (help me get used to that grille - otherwise it's getting replaced).

28. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

I will make decisions based on what we can find out about the car and it's history. If no real history arises I'll be free to do as I please and make the car my own. That grill might have been an afterthought from someone later. I've certainly never seen anyone do that before (stack two grills one in front of the other) and it looks too funky for me.

Sorry Blue One, I took your comments too seriously - I apologise. The blue coupe was purchased by me. I've yet to prove my worth on here by actually building and finishing a traditional hot rod but I do work on my cars (building a 27 chev modified at the moment) and will be doing as much work on this roadster as I can. I'm glad you agree with the grill! That's got to be an after thought from someone. If it can be shown to me in a hot rod magazine and I can get used to looking at it I'll keep it but it just comes out of left field for me. When I saw it I immediately removed it in my mind.

29. I have heaps of problems. The first of which is I like ugly junk and useless crap but I'll probably take your deck lid - then again I might leave it looking the way it is. Birdshit and all. I can see the number plate now...[/QUOTE]

Right next to you!!!!!! HA.
    Wash your mouth out.
    Personally, i would leave the doors........but thats just me!

30. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

I like welded doors as well. Not sure I would do it now to a old Deuce but now that it's done - it may as well stay.