Register now to get rid of these ads!

Forum rules

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Bruce R., Dec 24, 2016.

1. Bruce R.

Bruce R.

How do I find the rules for posting ? My posts are getting booted for breaking the rules.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

In most cases the App will not work if you're trying to post a classified ad.

Have to use a PC .

Not sure if that is what you were referring to as far as being booted.

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

he is referring to two posts he made in the traditional custom forum about late model IRS swaps

5. Bruce R.

Bruce R.

What's wrong with an IRS in my Merc. ? Don't let me see a 55 Chevy with an LS motor in it !!!

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

this a traditional hot rod and custom forum. did you read the rules ?

7. Bruce R.

Bruce R.

Reading it now, I guess if I were talking about using a 62 XKE rear I'd be cool , huh ?

8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

It's just a way to keep the topics in line with the forum. The forum is about hot rodding and building hot rods. It helps to keep the forum clean and uncluttered and on track. Please don't take it personally. I think maybe 30% of us have had something deleted.

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Bruce
    I've got a 67 Nova with a 1990 Corvette Dana 44 IRS in it and I'd love to show it off but I understand the HAMB 65 cutoff rules and the core interest group here.
    Bruce (and anyone else who cares) can ask and I'd be glad to PM.

Bruce R. and Flathead Dave like this.
  10. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Do you go to Taco Bell and ask for a cheeseburger too?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. I have 2 Deuces,one with a jag rear and one with a 9" Ford.

The car with a jag rear is nice but it's off topic here,BTW,it's a early jag rear end...the hamb is a traditional hot rod site and some areas are gray to allow more people to enjoy the site but at the end of the day don't argue with how the site is run. HRP

Flathead Dave likes this.
  12. Bruce R.

Bruce R.

I've been building cars since I was a teenager, ( about 45 years ), since I never had any money I built them the old school way, with whatever I could scrounge up to make it better. If I.R.S. and fuel injection were commonly available in the 30s I guess the traditionalists would be copying that, huh ? I don't build cars to copy anyone, and I certainly don't want to recreate dear old Dads' high school cruiser, that scene has been done to death. I suppose NONE of my cars are eligible for this forum, all have (or will have), power disc brakes, power rack & pinion, CD players, 5 or 6 speed transmissions or at least overdrive. All I own thats fit for this forum is my Metropolitan, I'm not changing it because it runs so good I just don't have the heart to tear it apart. As an aside, I love cheeseburgers but I wouldn't eat at Taco Bell even if they did sell them.

quick85 likes this.
  13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Actually Dear Old Dads cruiser is what this site is all about.
    Traditional ERA Hot Rods and Custom Cars from the 30's through the early 60's.
    Deleted posts are a editorial decision and if you take it personal, than maybe the HAMB isn't for you.

As far as your comment " don't let me see a 55 Chevy with a LS motor in it"....
    If you see a post, report it and a moderator will take care of it.

If you take things personal because you don't like the rules and feel you want to lip / bust balls about it and get a attitude, deleting all together will usually follow.

Stick around and check out all of the HAMB and see what it is all about.

Welcome....,,,
    Maybe you'll like it - maybe not... up to you.

Thanks,
    Cob Moderator

31hotrodguy, wraymen, 117harv and 4 others like this.
  14. Doubletake

Doubletake

My post got deleted by mentioning Mustang II and LS Motor. I was asked by a member of my future plans for the car. I guess next time I should lie to him or just not answer him.

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I guess so.....

Mustang II and LS Motor are not HAMB Traditional......

With 3 Posts maybe spend a little more time seeing what that HAMB is all about.....

Stick around if you would like and enjoy 20's through the Early 60's Traditional Hot Rod and Custom Cars or
    if it upsets you that much maybe the HAMB is not for you.

Thanks,

HEMI32 likes this.
  16. Doubletake

Doubletake

No worries I’ll stick around and just post my build again.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I edited your post this morning and eliminated the mustang 2 ifs photos. Please look through the rules here and remember that this is nothing more than trying to keep the board on topic and it is never personal. thanks....

Rules are here:
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/

18. I have had so many post deleted I may hold a record,no sense in taking it personal,some were off topic,some went off topic.

Bitching about the rules will only result in you being given walking papers,build what you want but if you insist in building street rods with IFS or IRS,and new exotic engines and post them they will be deleted.

Stick around,follow the rules about what you post and you will enjoy the hamb for years to come. HRP

19. CD's are still available?

31hotrodguy likes this.
  20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hooked on Phonics CD helps people with reading.......( rules)
    :D

21. Cob,you ain't right! :D HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Now, if there was something to help people write a post legibly and learn the use of spacing and punctuation.

Robert J. Palmer and Sancho like this.
  23. One must remember,the hamb family consist of many nationality's,many who's first language is not English and others who have not had the privilege of a collage education,some didn't finish high school.

All this doesn't matter,unless you are a anal English teacher and the only person that may care.

There is nothing in the rules about legibility,spacing,punctuation or the limits that qualifies a noun or pronoun but does cover traditional '65 and older American cars only....just saying. HRP

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    leadfootloon and wraymen like this.
  24. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have fixed quite a number of misspelled words in the thread titles. kind of a pet peeve of mine. Ryan says he does it too.

ClayMart likes this.
  25. I see it all the time but pointing it out and making the poster feel belittled may deter him/her from posting in the future.

We all know what the guy meant when he ask about adjusting the breaks on his 40 Ford coupe. HRP

26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now u guyz have shone ur week spot.

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I just go in and fix em, I do not even notify the poster. A lot of times I am sure no one notices. It is the last thing I want to do is to make anyone feel bad over something as silly as an incorrect spelling......

28. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Moriarity ..... Anil or is it anel or is it annel or is it annil or is it annal or is it anal.......

Which pet peeve trait do you have again ?
    Pick one from the above .......
    :D

Thor1, lothiandon1940 and Moriarity like this.
  29. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

30. a·nal
    ˈānl/
    adjective
    adjective: anal
    1. involving, relating to, or situated near the anus.
      • (in Freudian psychoanalysis) relating to or denoting a stage of infantile psychosexual development supposedly preoccupied with the anus and defecation.
      • informal
        anal-retentive.
        "he's anal about things like that"

BTW,I wasn't inferring that Moriarity or you were the ones having the problem. HRP

Moriarity likes this.