Register now to get rid of these ads!

Forty years budget rodder

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Wick Humble, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Wick Humble

Wick Humble
    from Chico, CA

Hey! Thanks for the opportunity to communicate!
    I've been doing modified cars, trucks (including driving semis), sports cars, and all related stuff since 1961, but always low-bucking it. As it comes time to retire from elementary teaching (I've also been a GI, fire fighter, counselor for little kids, trucker, and sometime rock-band member) I would like to keep in touch with other relics of my generation. I have a big model car collection, about half unbuilt, from the late 50's onward, and tons of car mags.
    I've done some seminal collector-car research articles since the '70s, including the first on the '58 Impala and 348, 59-60 Impalas, '61 Pontiac Tempest/Le Mans, Bricklin SV1, Datsun 240Z, Fisher Body Craftsmans Guild, and more.
    I've had about 15 '55-7 Chevies including '55 Nomad, 3-4 '51 Ford flatties, and 3 240Zs, all restored or built.
    So far, I've never had the big bucks that play so typical a role in today's magazine cars, but also I've never really been proud of less than my best workmanship, so no rat rods either! I don't foresee any big jump in income or social status, so I'll keep on doing my own fabbing and body work, and keep to the low-buck way of enjoying cars.
    Wick Humble

2. Wick,
    Welcome from Michigan.

3. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Welcome aboard.

4. screwball

screwball

I love the builds of the workin class and have more respect for the guys with the true grit to stick to it. Im in the same boat and would still be proud to see my car in the readers rides as much as the average center fold cars that are in the magazines. Welcome don't forget if it wasn't for us regular guys in the hobby there would be no hobby.

5. fireman 55

fireman 55

Welcome from Philomath OR. check out fire fighters of the hamb in socal groups.

6. Great intro!! Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B.!

7. Welcome to the H.A.M.B.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ!!!

8. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Indiana!