Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fort Bragg HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dick's Beaters, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Did a search and didn't find a thread for Bragg HAMBers. How many Vets are out there working on stuff in or around Fayetteville, NC. SOUND OFF!

2. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

Raleigh former Marine

3. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

was stationed there once 82nd 79-82.....does that count ?

4. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

My oldest daughter ( captian special forces ) is out there, but she drives a Jetta but is a car person raised her up at road racing tracks around the Midwest racing SCCA.

5. Wow ! They have chicks in SF now ? I served in 3rd and 5th Groups in the late 60's . I mighta stayed in if that were true then .

6. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

PRIMER DAVE, All the Way!! I'm in the Deuce and proud to be a paratrooper!

Jalopy Jim, you must be proud of your daughter.

Steve-Cook, Served with alot of Marines, real good guys, they kept me alive in the jungle in Okinawa. Harder than Woodpecker lips they were.

7. Buff

Buff

I was going to ask the same question, I'm moving(PCSing) there in december. so when I get there there will be two.

John

8. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Buff, What are you driving? Do you have family here at Bragg?

9. Iamagearheadru

Iamagearheadru

I was stationed in the Deuce, from 91-96, Bragg didnt have much "HAMB STYLE" action there back then, My Brother just retired from 5th group E-9 18D about 4 months ago...he still goes to Bragg from time to time...he is working as a civi contractor in the box right now....

10. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Yeah, Still not much in the way of Traditional Hot Rodding or R#@ Rods even. Lots of Bike stuff. I've seen Bobbers and Choppers, but mostly stock Bikes. Muscle Cars reign supreme round here. Still, you find older guys that will talk your ear off about the good ol' days, and that is the coolest. Talked to an ol' timer the other day about using a bicycle pump to "pressurize" the gas tank while driving up hill in his buddy's "Jalopy".

11. Amoros

Amoros

military brat count?