Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Forgotten Treasure Trove of Sixty Cars Worth Millions Found Untouched After 50-Years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Head, Dec 5, 2014.

1. autobilly

autobilly

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Yeah, the Facel Vega............Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin each had one of those as I recall.

Ray

3. Zerk

Zerk

There's a good chance that Facel Vega is sporting a wedge engine and not a hemi. Chrysler discontinued the hemi in '58, and FV went along, using current engines.

4. chrisp

chrisp

That's the Panhard I was talking about and it's not a small car, the elusive short wheelbase was 102", then medium was 110" then long wheelbase was 118.
    The Facel has a license plate from 64 and from just a front shot you can't tell if it's Wedge or Hemi

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Chrsp, what is the short wheelbase coupe with the rear end damage in the photo under the Type 57 Bugatti on the Old Motor website? That car would be my pick if I had to choose one. Bob

6. I saw a couple of Fords in there!

Looks like a corrosion study on rare and beautiful European and American cars!

7. This. Although, I have been known to make a lot of money because of these narrow minded folks passing over stuff as junk because they don't know what it is or think it's too far gone to fix - the latter simply a case of being blinded by one's own skill level, or lack thereof.

8. chrisp

chrisp

Talbot T26 and it's actually a big car.
    I searched today and the Dynamic is described as an X76, that means it's the second known in existence swb coupe.
    The Saoutchick Talbot was king Farouk car (Egyptian king)
    The Ferrari America disappeared years ago and the last one that nobody knew where it was, if I'm not mistaking the last restored one that sold sold for 14 million $.
    The Maserati is 1 of 4 Frua coachwork.
    Some of the brands I recognize in the pictures, Lagonda, Jaguar, George Irat, Bugatti, Delage Delahaye, Hotchkiss, pre WWI Renault, Panhard Panoramic, Lorraine, Amilcar, Chenard & Walker, Hispano Suiza, Porsche 356 SC, Citroen, Peugeot, Ford. The Facel is an Excellence if the plates are original (64) that means EXII and is 1 of 8. There is one that says Borre but I never heard of that brand.

Apparently the nephew of the hoarder inherited of the collection and castle, there are 90 cars total, plus a lot of heavy trucks / fire trucks.

9. indyjps

indyjps

None of these are too far gone to be fixed. HAMBers are hammering 32 ford's out basically from scratch, these cars are at least complete and could be used as patterns for repair.

wingnutz likes this.
  10. Anytime you see metal under the door handles it's restorable.

Those are in Mint Condition for Wisconsin body men!

11. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

The photos of the Ferrari and Maserati are staged from another collection by the auction advertisers. I'm sure some of the rarer one offs will be restored. There are some really skilled craftsman in Europe just like here on the Hamb.

Ago