Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford wheel adaptors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greatlakesspeedshop1, Sep 28, 2009.

1. greatlakesspeedshop1

greatlakesspeedshop1

Hi all, does anybody know if there are wheel adaptors to fit 5 on 5 1/2 to 5 on 135 bolt pattern. ( ford 9 inch) . I am trying to fit 1935 ford spokes to my 9 inch ford, it has a 5 on 135 ( you know that metric stuff)
    any help would be great.
    thank you
    Rob :confused:

2. Not sure but I am curious, what 9" came with a Metric bolt pattern?

3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I don't know of any adaptors. But how about an axle swap. You should be able to find junk yard axles out of an older Ford Truck (typically came with 5 on 5 1/2) with a 9" Rear to fit your 9" without too much hassle.

4. greatlakesspeedshop1

greatlakesspeedshop1

I don't know ether, when I messure them (center of one stud hole across to another stud hole) I get 5 1/4 or 135 m. this sucks couse when I bought the rear I thought it was a 5 on 5 1/2. live and learn.

5. Measure from the back of one stud hole to the center of the opposite one.
    (As opposite as you can get anyway.)

You should read 4 1/2" if you're looking at a passenger car 9".

60 -62 Ford half tons have 5 1/2" bolt circle axles.
    All I've seen so far have been 28 splines.

They also have 1 3/4" x 11" drum brakes and that should be a good balance for whatever front brake you're running other than the 10" stockers.

The half ton 9" axles are 61 1/2" wide measured wheel mounting flange to opposite wheel mounting flange.

6. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

when you measure 5 bolt pattern you measure back of one stud to the center of the other stud measure this way you should come out to 5.5

7. greatlakesspeedshop1

greatlakesspeedshop1

Thanks a lot, I got 5 1/2 inch. boy do I feel like a dumb @$$

8. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Better to find out now, rather than later. By the way, none of US has ever made a mistake.....or not.....