Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ford tranny ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadillac daddyo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

I dont know a lot about tranmissions but i just got a 1960 ford f100 a while back and this thing is geared way low. Does anybody know what will bolt up to it to change it out or gear cluster to use it is a 4 speed top loader an a 223 motor thanks for any help. Looking for what to do with it come spring time.

2. they made those with a three speed over-drive so that should bolt right up with a different bell-housing.. on my Y-block the granny gear 4 speed bell only works with that tranny but i don't know if it's the same deal on the sixes

3. or you can do something like my friend did with his 63.. he just put a more highway friendly rear-end in it and doesn't use first....

4. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

thanks man i was kinda thinking about a gear cluster swap anybody have any info onn this or if it can even be done