Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford tie rod end part # ?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ric, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Any one have a Napa, TRW, etc part # for the generic Ford tie rod end used on probably 90% or your hot rods. 11/16" fine thread, right hand thread. Speedway sells em but I'm trying to get it locally.
    Thanks

2. ES 416 L Moog or TRW
    HemiDeuce.

3. Thanks HemiDeuce. I assume the L refers to left hand thread. Boy it does pay to shop at places like Speedway if you have the time, they sell theirs for $9.99, my best price locally (and I get wholesale pricing) is $34.50. I would hope the local ones being Moog, etc are made in US, perhaps Speedways is sourced offshore.

4. trevor

trevor

yes, i think the speedway ones are offshore and rather cheap looking in my opinion...and don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling

i've never heard of a failure , there is always the first.

5. ric I bought a couple of the Speedway ones and they were crap, did'nt use them, I bought the Moog and they were quality.
    HemiDeuce.

6. Point well taken, thanks guys. I just ordered the Moog.

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I can't find my catalog, but I do recall that this interchanges with most full size Ford and 1/2 ton pickups into the early 1970's, so if you ever have to make up a vehicle that an idiot counter clerk can find in the computer, call it a '69 F-100.