Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I was thinking the same thing with the altered axle Falcon. I was thinking 66.

2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Yup thas Drokes 65 T-Bolt. Nice find

3. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Looks like he had a solid run against Butch Looking Good

4. 1991ysr50

1991ysr50
    from Indiana

I was wondering when that pic would surface. Ron Staley runs a towing company a couple miles away from my house. He owns a replica of the Dicks #313 galaxy and hauls Jerrys Hammes Brannan clone all over the USA for car shows. Great guys to talk to alot of history in the hills of Northern Indiana and lower Michigan. I have been lucky enough to be invited to his personal car shows they hold all sorts of neat cars with history show up!!!!

reference to post #1484

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

LOL Yeah he put Leal and his Mopar on the trailer !

6. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Hey 1991ysr50, where in Indiana do you live? I'm in South Bend.

7. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

This is a pretty cool vid to watch. There is a Thunderbolt at the 3:29 mark.Cant figure out which one it is. It looks great.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  8. dlshady

dlshady

I'm pretty sure that it says "Pop's Thunderbolt" on the door, which would make it one of the Hawkinson Ford cars. Also notice that it has the number 50 on it and the letters "VIP" which both apear on the other photos of the Hawkinson car.

Deron

Attached Files:

9. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Yep I agree...the "50" is pretty clear if you freeze it.

10. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

mercuryjunky- great video!

dlshady- Great backup pic. I think you nailed it. I love it when car mysteries are solved.

11. dlshady

dlshady

Thanks! I believe if you look at the video again and pause it at just the right frame, you can even make out "Bad Hombre" on the front fender. I've tried to figure when that video must have been shot and I wonder if it wasn't when the car was pretty new, before they had a chance to have it professionally lettered.

Deron

12. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Some stills....seems like these are the only new T-Bolt pics I'm getting anymore! :(

Attached Files:

13. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Another pic of that car

Attached Files:

• juio.jpg
      juio.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  14. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Attached is a for sale ad for the car.

Does anyone have the date the US-30 movie was filmed?

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

15. Don't know if you have a pix of this T-Bolt already. It was taken at Capitol Raceway, Crofton, MD, circa 1964. Not being a Blue Oval guy and the memories fading a bit, I can't tell you too much about it. I do recall that at the time the T-Bolts were obviously a force to be reckoned with.

Attached Files:

16. dlshady

dlshady

Wow Bowtie! That's the first 'new' photo I've seen show up in a long while. Thanks for sharing!

FYI, that car is still around and has been restored. Pic attached...

Deron

Attached Files:

• king.jpg
      king.jpg
      File size:
      79.2 KB
      Views:
  17. there is aThunderbolt car still here in Davenport - the guy used to own Prince Vans - he has it in his warehouse of cars -it is the highlight of his collection - and Terry Heble that had a max wedge factory race car lived here and ran a muffler shop that I used to get to work at when the other shop I was at was slow-he sold that car to Lee Iacocca. I just knew him as old Terry until he took me to a national event and all the B1 guys were calling him Mr Heble -that was cool !!!

18. the max wedge car was #46 of 50 factory cars the last 5 were four speed cars and the 46 was the first of the four speeds -Terry used to tell us a neat story about when Lee Iaccoca was pursuing the car

19. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Cool pic. I've never seen that one. The wheels are interesting. The rears look like what Ronnie Sox was running in his 64 Comet...the frts appear different.

20. I'm glad I cud share this with everyone. Also, glad to hear that the car has been restored and is still around. It's a shame when these vehicles, whether nationally known or not, fade into oblivion. Thanks for the updated pic! At first, I thot the wheels looked different becuz of the offset, but the front slots do seem to be different from the rears. I know I saw it run a number of times at Capitol, but I don't recall if the wheels were really different or if it ever ran other wheels, such as are on the restored version.

21. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

22. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Awesome new pic, that's a great image, I love the wheels. There so period perfect.

23. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

I think your right. They look like the Ronnie Sox 64 Comet wheels. I see similar wheels on E Pay every once and awhile.

24. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Great shot of the car in the pits! THANKS! I love the additude of the car, looks fast standing still.

Dennis K, can you revist the process that was done from DST to get the nose high.

Dennis, do you know the history and location of this car?

Aaron

25. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I've been dreaming of finding the Prospector but word has it that it got put on the street so who knows where it went from there.

Now there are only a handfull of parts left off of that car and the rest (I am fairly certain) got scraped.

I love the paint scheme on this car and wish I could do a tribute of this car one day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  26. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Ok, gentlemen. Here's a pic I got from the guy that owns the parts store in Greensburg, Ohio. When I took a quick look at it in the store I originally thought it was a pic of The Goat Herder and The Fugitive back to back at Dragway 42 (I think). But it's only The Goat Herder and a standard Fairlane D stock car. I'm not up on the classes in drag racing in '64, having been into SCCA racing thru my Dad at the time. I assume it's a small block car? Jack Bridenthal's name is on the door so I'm assuming he drove it.
    Who drove The Goat Herder? I looked at another pic of it and it looks like it might be Burl Kuhn, there's a pic of him with a '63 390 Galaxie in this group. I'll post those up in a couple days.This is the only T-Bolt pic in the group. There's a couple pics of Galaxies a Falcon and a couple of Miss Hurst herself. Anyway, lots of stuff to look at in this pic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  27. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

A tribute to the "Prospector" would be great and rare in itself.

28. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Ray C's son- Get that picture up....I 'm excited to see it. It didnt post....

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Wow...that pic is nice and clear. I've never seen a 4dr Fairlane drag car.

30. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Take a look, it should be up now. I apologize for my ineptitude.