Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Steve DeTar

Steve DeTar

The Ford from wichita Kansas was Don Brach's car. It was later painted blue with DeTar Automotive on the side of it. Steve

2. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Steve DeTar?...related to Ted DeTar?...I met Ted when he worked with "The Rebel Rouser" out of Pasadena Dodge. A mechanical mind ahead of his time.

3. apound

apound

Here is Darrel Drokes 65 and the Les Ritchey 289 car I am restoring.

Attached Files:

4. apound

apound

more

Attached Files:

5. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

One from an ebay ad. T-bolt with a blown slick.

[​IMG]

Mike

6. apound

apound

A buddy found this in a shop in California. They won't sell it though. Wish I could find one for the 65.

Attached Files:

7. bubba22349

bubba22349

I have a few Ca dealer frames I can whatch around this area too. Would like a set of same style "Tasca Ford" for my 63 Fairlane also would like set of Russ Davis & Foulger for other project cars too.

8. apound

apound

Thanks,
    I would appreciate it.

9. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Love the shot of Droke smokin the slicks !!

10. PVTA Jay

PVTA Jay

Can't remember what size the rear tires were, but I was helping Gas one night down at Lions and he had me take off the lugnuts, pull tire out as far as it would go then slip off brake drum and remove in order to change rear tires. What a pain. Surprised I haven't seen any pictures of Les Richey on here yet. I used to control front chutes at Pomona and got to know a lot of the Ford drivers. Went to CHRR in '09, Butch had his car there and started talking to him, he even remembered me (scary thought)
    ETA, have read through the rest of the posts and have seen Les in a number of them...thanks

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  11. PVTA Jay

PVTA Jay

I know this is about a year after your post, knew Ron Root pretty well, a LT. in Pomona Police Dept. As a side, he won Winternats street elim. with his '63 Dart E/MP I think. slant 6 with Offy manifold and 4 bbl. carb. Engine done by Perf. Assoc. Beat Stone woods Cook in final. Said when that thing went by him it almost blew him off the track

12. apound

apound

I think this is the car you are talking about.
    I wish I knew more about Ron's involvement with the Fairlane. I was told that the car was later owned by Harold Daigh and a search of the internet I found where Harold did some work on a 69 Javelin that Ron raced in 69. I wonder if he traded the Fairlane for the AMC work?

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      177.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      231.9 KB
      Views:
  13. apound

apound

14. PVTA Jay

PVTA Jay

That was the Les I remember, hard working, dedicated and funny as hell. here I was, 16 yr old kid and used to go down to his shop just hang around for a bit, stay out of the way and he would include me in conversations, ask what I thought etc. Helped 'Satch' move cars around, over to storage lot, stuff like that. I still remember the pic on office wall of that aluminum T-bird with the streamlined headrest.

15. Muttley

Muttley

16. Muttley

Muttley

17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Wow Muttley...can't that I've ever seen that one.

18. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Gotta say Mutley. Never saw that pic of Drokes 65 T-Bolt before. I'll send it to him

19. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I was going through some old photos. Does anyone recognize this car or the location? Photo is at least 20 yrs+ old.

The car appears to be a Thunderbolt from looking at the Radiator Support and other features. However, it appears to have rocker cover plates which an original white Thunderbolt would not. From looking at the car it does not appear to be one of the first eleven, which would have cover plates.

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

20. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Hey Dennis, wow thats tough one. It has alot of interesting stuff on it. There is of course the ram tubes cut in the core support, the towers have the correct looking modification, the tower supports are gone from the car. It looks to have the correct heater delete, Wiper is gone but I dont believe I see either of them. The interior has a roll cage in it though that doesnt really date the car but could help tell a bit of the story from someone who might have seen it. It also looks to have trailer tie downs made from rebar hanging from the front frame rails where the bumper would typically mount. The interior color looks to be correct for either color car. I'm trying to look in the background to get a few clues on location. Ill keep looking through some archives to see if I can be of any real help.

21. 1991ysr50

1991ysr50
    from Indiana

I believe Jerry Hammes in South bend purchased this clone!!

They have a T bolt clone and #313 Galaxy clone they show together!

22. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Different car. The Fairlane that Jerry Hammes has was built by a fellow named Mike that lives in the Detroit, MI area and was built as a Brannan tribute car. The clone T-Bolt linked on this thread was a Butch Leal tribute car. I think Jim and Jackie Gonia owned that car at one time and originally picked it up at Carlisle, however I am not 100% certain.

Regards,
    Dennis

23. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

Is it me or does it look like the LH inner apron is not cut out for the ram air tube? you should be able to look right through the rad support opening. Maybe it just the shadow of the picture?

also is that another red 64 Fairlane in the background?

24. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I wanted everyone's opinion. I was thinking about doing a book on Dick Brannan. I interviewed him for the 'zine and he was awesome! He even sent me some goodies as a thank you.

Anyhoo I was wondering if people would be interested. Thanks!

ps I want my straight axle '64 back!

25. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

That's a shadow, pretty much like the RH side. If the production LH Front Apron was still there, I'd expect to see the apron flange/edge where the hole for the "stove pipe" is cut out.

Yes, looks like a two tone red and white 1964 Fairlane 500 2 Dr Sedan missing the rear quarter trim, along with a black car. Also note the high wooden fence, I assume for keeping horses or animals in. I think there may be a better chance of identifying the T-Bolt from location or the red/white 64 Fairlane in the background.

Regards,
    Dennis

26. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Hell yeah !!!

27. Falconred

Falconred

Doing a book on Dick would be great. You need to get as many stories from him as you can NOW as none of us is getting any younger.

Dick at the Old Drag Racers Reunion in Panama City, FL.

Attached Files:

28. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Kinda hard to tell but it looks like there is footage of this 65 running in this video right at the 1:28 mark.

[​IMG]

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Yes it is and no way that's 1969. Butch Leal in a Plymouth...that's 1965.