Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ngourdine1

ngourdine1

Thanks for your responses. These are some other pictures that I have taken. Just trying to get a picture of what I am working with. I know that I am not going to put it back together so we are trying to sell it to someone who would be interested in it. So we just trying to get a price range of what we have. If its nothing or if its something either way maybe someone else would be interested in it. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

I know threads should go to the top on there own but I hate to see this thread die. Come on, someone post something of interest about Thunderbolts. I'm all out of ideas for now.

3. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, here is something interesting and fun. At the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA in 2004 they featured the Thunderbolt that year and had a racers round table. Sitting at the table were some of the most influential people involved with the Thunderbolt and Ford drag racing in general.

How many people can you recognize and name?

I'll start it off .... The guy on the far right is Ev Rowse who drove the Wild Child, my 65 AFX Falcon. The guy on the far left is Benny Parsons (RIP) who was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet.

Regards,
    Joe Germann

Attached Files:

4. 65COMET

65COMET

The gentleman in the red jacket is Bill Holbrook,next to him is Butch[California Flash]Leal,next to BP is Dick Brannan.I had the honor of having my Comet in the tent with the T-bolts. ROY.

5. Fred Henderson
    Rich LaMont
    Al Joniec
    Dink Bishop
    Hubert Platt
    Mike Gray
    Skip Wilson
    Bud Schellenberger
    Sam Auxier
    Dickie Estevez
    Marco Desaris
    Hammer Mason

I was there too in the grandstand avoiding raindrops. My father fixed the black "Flying Farmer" T-bolt in the tent for Craig Sutton. It was a good gathering of cars and people. 50th. is only 3.5 years or so away!! Make your reservations in Dearborn soon!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  6. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Roy .... was that the white Comet next to the Bob Ford T-Bolt. This pic is of Ev Rowse (driver) and John McIntyre (mechanic) next to the Wild Child. I think your car is peeking out from far behind.

We chatted for a while. You have a really nice car.

Joe

Attached Files:

7. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Troublemaker .... You're real good. We must have been standing next to each other that day up on the stage. I just remember talking to BP that day. He was the front end guy at DST. He was such a NICE GUY, a true gentleman for sure.

8. 65COMET

65COMET

Joe;my Comet was the light blue one parked next to Craig Suttons black T-bolt,across from John Richmonds cammer powered white Comet.There was a restored white 64,A/FX Comet in the tent about half way down. ROY.

9. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

I was in the parts store today in Greensburg, Ohio (independent, longtime local owner) and he had a couple pics on the wall of both of the Bridenthal Thunderbolts at Dragway 42. I've never seen either one before. I'm going to see if he'll let me scan them and post em up. I sure don't want to see this thread die off.

10. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

That would so great. I hate to see this thread die too...I have posted everything I have. I contribute when I can. I think there are some other pics here...the members just haven't posted them. I hope to see more soon.

11. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

12. Thanks Ray C's Son!! I never dreamed this thread would turnout the way it has!!
    I've attached a shot of the Bridenthal Ford "Goat Herder" from Don Don Snyder's great collection. This car was most likely the one thst started my T-bolt obsession!! It was formerly owned by Larry Short and was featured in Hot Rod I think in the late 70's. It was black then with Motor Wheel Fly wheels. I remember seeing Larry driving it on the street in 1983 at the Ford Expo in Columbus OH. with open headers!! I was hooked!! Larry sold it to Don and it was repainted/lettered to it's original look.

Attached Files:

13. Here is a shot of Skip Wilson with another Bridenthal T-bolt. I met Mr.Wilson at a couple of the recent T-bolt reunions and he was a very nice guy. He was very proud to have raced a T-bolt!

Attached Files:

14. Just a heads up, Hot Wheels is doing a Nazy Crate T-bolt. It should be in stores very soon. Randy Delisio had a early batch of them at Larson's Drag Fest.

15. burnout2614

burnout2614

I was Steve Honnell's neighbor in the mid 80's. I saw him recently and he currently owns the 64 He got from Crowley Ford IN 1964. peace

16. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  18. Algon

Algon

Does anyone have pictures of the shock tower area and modifications done to the original cars in order to install the 427? I've got to do a clip job on my 64 and while I'm at it I was going to clearance for an FE.

19. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Just a Cool car coming up for auction in January.Between the two Mercurys and this Galaxie I need to win the Damn Lottery. All I want is one.

DESCRIPTION

- Approximately 11 cars built by Ford for drag-racing
    - Originally a "G" code 406/405
    - No sound deadener or seam sealers
    - Aluminum front bumpers, fiberglass front fenders, trunk lid
    - Radio and heater were eliminated
    - Lighter bucket-style seats replaced the stock bench.
    - Delivered to racer Phil Bonner. Ownership of the car was transferred to the respective racer for the sum of a dollar, thus relieving Ford Motor Company of any liability. 1962 Bonner Lightweight Galaxie's owner history:
    - Produced by Ford Wayne Michigan Plant August 2, 1962.
    - Late 1962, Phil Bonner
    - Mid-1963 to May 1964, Marcus Moore
    - May 1964 to April 1966, Waner Hardie
    - April 1966 to July 1988, Bobby Dixon/Don Lanthrip
    - July 1988 to March 2007, E. Edwin Lavender
    - March 2007 to Present, Ellis Collection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  20. Signpainter

Signpainter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need some help. I am reproducing the graphics of Clester Andrews Ford Thunderbolt on a 1:18 scale diecast model for a good friend of mine. The photograph I am referencing is black and white. Was the 999 and Orange, Texas in "red" like the Ford Galaxie? (see below)

Thanks to all for making this a wonderful site.

[​IMG]

21. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Kentuckian... Thanks for posting the link to that video. Well worth the time to watch. Hard to believe this thread is still going after all this time! Quite a testament to this fine piece of American Muscle.

22. Kool66

Kool66
    from Dearborn

I can't remember if this has been up before.Posted on another HAMB thread today.Off the internet on a Fairlane wagon for sale ad.

[​IMG]

23. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Not sure who runs this one but it looks like a wild ride. Ecspecially from the right hand side.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  24. Signpainter

Signpainter

[​IMG]

Finished model. Enjoy it Danny.

R

25. Looks great. Anyone know what happened to the real car?

26. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Nice work, Danny! As a model builder from years gone by, I know the patience it takes to do one like this. Great job!

27. Danny G

Danny G

All I did was buy the model, signpainter and artist Ray Skaines deserves all the credit and a fine job he did. The real car was reported around OK city but that was a long time ago.

28. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Here's a link to the "Funderbolt" on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkxi_dYqAeQ

You're right.. IT DOES LOOK LIKE A WILD RIDE!!!

Thanks,
    Tom - Glass_Packs

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  30. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Love the cloverleaf hood.

Phil Bonner

[​IMG]