Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Jody,

Thanks.

Regards,
    Dennis

2. havi

havi

Wickersham Ford as #9, if it hasn't been mentioned already?

EDIT: Nevermind, Dennis got it already.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  3. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I never saw the Wickersham Ford car with a #9 on it. The Bob Ford 623 S/SAutomatic car carried the #9 decal, see photo. Looks like Len Richter driving.

I only recall one magazine article on the DST built 1962 Fairlane that Tasca raced. Is there anything else around on that car?

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

4. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I guess so.

Regards,
    Dennis

5. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'm not sure where this pic came from, but was trying to figure out what car it is. At first I just assumed it was John Donilson's car...but the paint scheme on this car doesn't match any of my Donilson pictures. Plus I've never seen a pic of his car with Torq Thrusts on the frt???

Attached Files:

6. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I was looking at the picture while changing the zoom. It appears to read "Black Jack Racing Team" on the rear quarters. Also looks like it has a straight axle on it. Most likely the King Ford Thunderbolt.

Does anyone have any program guides or info on the NASCAR number assigned to the car? This may help identify the car/driver, on this and the Satan Angel's car.

Regards,
    Dennis

7. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Can anyone identify this Thunderbolt? It is a great picture that I found on the 'net a while back but did not make notes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  8. spiertb

spiertb

That pic was the lead picture in a 3 page article in the January 1995 issue of Musclecars magazine.It is supposedly Number 61. This T-Bolt is(at that time) owned by Doug Anderson--supposedly originally delivered to Sid Stout Ford of Amarillo,driven by Jack Moss, an Automatic car. All this is from the magazine article. Sylvanus

9. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how John did over the weekend? I watched last night and being that it was the 50th annivesary of the winternationals,I thought they might mention the car but nothing.

Also just wanted to say I'm blown away by all of the knowledge about the Thunderbolts in the last 20 pages or so.There is an entire book right here on the forumn.If it was ever written count me in on getting a couple copies.

10. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Thank you for identifying the picture.

11. Any Thunderbolt Diecast car collectors on here?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Some cool pics of T-bolts in action! :) Keep clicking Image to enlarge! :)

Attached Files:

13. And some more! :) Keep clicking Image to enlarge! :)

Attached Files:

14. John went out in the third round with a redlight. He did get his first 9 with this car going a 9.98 with the loss.

By the way another AA/SA T-bolt debuted in Bradenton this weekend. It is from NY. and I believe Randy Delisio is involved with it.

15. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

John Calvert qualified his AA/S Thunderbolt at a 10.06 ET placing him in the #62 spot out of 79 cars entered in Stock Eliminator. He won the first round running a 10.01 @ 126.02 MPH. In the second round he redlighted by -.006 but ran the car all out turning a 9.98 @ 135.18 MPH. The car he redlighted against went on to win Stock Eliminator.

I talked to one of my fellow techmen who actually teched John's car at the Winternationals. In tech John was told he had to change his offset distributor, which he did, and before the next meet he would have to change the wheelie bars because they did not fit the rules. The rules in Stock state the wheelie bars must be stand alone units which cannot be attached to anything but the rearend housing. The bars he has on the car have a pivot point attached to the frame.

16. 65COMET

65COMET

Jody;any word on how the automatic T-bolt ran in Florida.Calvert was running the same bars he had on the car in Vegas and they were OK.I hate the fact that every tech inspector looks at the rules differently,plus he had to have had the car certified so why wasn't all this picked up then? JMO , ROY.

17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Sid Stout Ford

Attached Files:

18. Bridenthal

Bridenthal
    from Florida

Yep, the white building is the service building. The back half was torn down I think because it was just worn out. Dealership closed in 1968 or 69. Ford wanted them to expand.Charles (great g'pa) and Dale W (g'pa) died within several weeks of each other in 1962 I think. After closing Jack B worked for Difeo then Mullinax Ford for a bit (so did I) then moved to Florida and helped start up an ambulance service with Jack Maguire from Akron.

19. Bridenthal

Bridenthal
    from Florida

Will do, I didn't know there was one. I have a couple. JB

20. spiertb

spiertb

That T-Bolt looks very much like the one you posted of Rick Hearn's in post #1324.

21. 39 1247 AA/SA William Boyce Jr., Greenwich NY, '64 Fairl 10.455 10.60 -0.145

Looks like he qualified 39th. Still working out new car bugs. The car is all white and looks very much like Calverts.

It will be interesting what John does with the wheelie bars. He recommends the type that are on his car because they attach to the body, not the rear so they won't unload the tire like typical bars can. He has the same type on his SS '68 CJ Mustang. John is very smart. This won't slow him down!

22. East Coast T-bolt.... :) Can you guys identify this one?

Attached Files:

23. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

The Atwater Ford Thunderbolt of Jake King

24. Atwater Ford/Jake King. Looks like Pocono Drag Lodge racing the Ol' Mr. Wilson Z-11, the sister car to Ronnie Sox's Z-11. The Z-11 has been restored.

25. havi

havi

In re diecasts:

Attached Files:

26. Race Artist

Race Artist

That shot is from my CD files (my name there) but I'm not sure where I got it from. I may have gotten it from doing some research possibly at Garlits' museum. From the looks of it it may have come from an issue of Midwest Drags magazine ... but I'm not sure. The track is the Daytona/Deland meet, '64-5 or '67 is my guess.
    Joel

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG]
    </FIELDSET>

27. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Those 2 cars and the Pat Gray "Whuppett" T-bolt were the only 3 I've seen with that style stripe over the car. The Bob Ford "T-Bolt Too" may have had one also, but my pics are not clear enough to tell. Not sure where the idea for the stripe came from....maybe the Mustang pace cars??

Attached Files:

28. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I was digging through some old pics and ran across this... a tiny cartoon of a T-Bolt I did back in the 80s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  29. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Drag Times

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

30. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co