Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

2. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Mr Mac didn`t mention the guy with Ronnie Sox`s car also has 2 factory light weight `68 1/2 Mustangs and a 427 factory `68 Cougar XR7 GTE. Gasserman :)

3. Its not fair for someone to have so much cool stuff!!!LOL Those are some great cars. FEs rule!!!

4. That a great photo!! I'm pretty sure this car was at the Ford Motor Co. 100th. celebration in Dearborn in 2003. It was restored and looked great! Have any more to share? Thanks!!!

5. Sure remember when Ford surprised everyone at the Winter Nationals with a shit load of Thunder-bolts. that was quite a weekend.
    had a friend Gas Rhonda that drove the Russ Davies car. he got burned later in a funny car accident. is his T-bolt still around ?

6. Yes, Gas's T-bolt is in Florida. It has been updated (tubbed,etc.) over the years and is unrestored. Earlier in this thread I posted a photo from 1964 of Gaspar in his 'bolt. I heard this past weekend that he was at the Southwest Ford show that was held in AZ. last month. I was told he is doing well. Still looks as though he could be a dance instructor.LOL:D

7. If he was at the ford show, I wonder if Ford loves him again. he always looked great but always ran warm with those skin grafts on 80% of his body.

8. Does anyone have any information on this car? It was known as the Texas Thunderbolt. Driver/Owner????

Thanks,

Attached Files:

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

These are some pictures i took last weekend at the Forge car show in Chattanooga last weekend.
    You can probably see more pictures at www.detroitmuscle.com

Attached Files:

10. RickRenn

RickRenn

11. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Very cool tread

I got all the pics of the Mickey T Hemi bolt that was on eBay about a year ago. Drop me an email or PM if ya want them. More tham 50. To much to post here and I suck at post High res pics.

I LOVE the Thunderbolts.
    Cant' beat the mid 60's Fairlanes and Galaxies in my eyes.
    I had a black on black 66 Fairline 500 XL 2dHT, but sold to finance my AV8. Surely miss it.
    A friend had a 64 Galaxie 2dHT unrestored and supernice. Sure had some fun in that one.

If I ever gone have a 60's car again it will likely be a 64 Fairline with a hopped up motor.
    Thanks for a nice tread :)

Paul

Attached Files:

12. Here are a couple more Thunderbolts. I dig the tow rig!!

More photos wanted!!!

Attached Files:

13. Lowriser

Lowriser
    from Dust Bowl

The humpin henery car is still owned by its original owner in Texas, and it was a Mercury comet, not a fairlane.

....Lowriser

14. There is a Thunderbolt called Humpin' Henry. I guess there are two cars with that name.

15. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

16. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

delete. Pic has already been posted

17. Keep them coming!!!

18. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

Trouble
    I have tons of T-bolt pics I have been gathering on the net and scanning some from magazines. Are you looking for any specific car?

19. No, not really. Just looking for something I haven't seen yet.

20. Cshabang

Cshabang

I'm not trying to Hijack..My pops is extremely into mid 60's drag cars. esp. Ford Muscle..I gre up goin to vintage drags, and helpin him wrench on his comets...which include a 65 with a R code and a super T 10...I am heavily influenced obviously, and decided to share this pic of my own Comet..its small block powered..(289, 14 to 1 compression, Dynamic c4 (which is gonna be converted to stick maybe this winter)...currently it has 4.11's, but I may step that up to a 4.62 or 4.88 to be in with the cam and motor)..anyways, hope you guys dig it...I did the hood last year...functional crites ram air with the crites teardrop molded it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Island Flats likes this.
  21. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

here's a few Trouble. Do you have any not so common T-bolt pics?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

23. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

24. Attached Files:

25. Judd

Judd

Cshabang
    Nice Comet here is mine 302HO T5 4:56 9" locker glass front end bumpers and trunk lid.

Attached Files:

26. Ramblur

Ramblur

Can't find pics now but used to have a bunch. Raced against them in
    SS/C in the 70's. Stout & Spain(sp) is one I remember. Tuff
    opponents for the 390 AMX's.

[​IMG]

27. Cshabang

Cshabang

thanks Judd...looks like yours is killer...I see a straight axle under there huh....cool...def a killer thread

28. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

Stout & Spain T-bolt
    [​IMG]

29. This is a clone that belongs to a friend of mine.

One of the Halaburas in Saskatoon, either Vic or Wayne, had one back inthe late sixties or ealy seventies. Don't know whatever happened to it, but I heard alot about street races with it. Another friend of mine had a 55 Chevy that went just a wee bit quicker than the 'bolt........

Attached Files: