Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ford t5 forward lever idea

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodderbilly, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Looking for ideas to put a Ford t5 on my flathead without the need to put a s10 tailshaft housing ,i end up searching for a remote lever and try for example that opel corsa c lever
    opel corsa lever.jpg

2. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

I'm using a remote shifter with the original shift lever.

Attached Files:

3. ems customer service

ems customer service

how about this tremec tko trans from ford svo parts, 3 position shifter, and look like this when done[. used center position for 37 ford with stock seatATTACH=full]2858281[/ATTACH] 37intLD.JPEG

Attached Files:

4. metal man

metal man

Is the car already built and you just want to do an upgrade? If you are just now building the car, don't get in too big of a hurry to move the shifter forward.
    My son is building a '31 coupe with a T5, and we put an S10 tail housing on the Ford world class T5, based on always hearing that it is necessary. We did it before installing the engine and transmission in the chassis. When we finished the chassis and put the body on, we couldn't reach the shifter. It was way too far forward and we had to put the Ford parts back on it.