Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford steering box id

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lobuktruk, Aug 20, 2013.

1. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

I'm getting stuff ready for the swap meet at the Frog Follies and I came across these steering boxes that I got at an auction with some other car parts (one is pictured but I have two). I was hoping somebody could tell me what they are. Are they desirable for any hot rod re-use? They are too heavy to haul around to a bunch of swap meets but if they are something that can be used I want to get them out there so somebody can buy them. I would hate to have to scrap them but I would really hate to drag them from one swap meet to another trying to sell something no one wants. Any idea what they are worth? Anybody that say "they are worth what someone will pay for them" will be ignored.

Attached Files:

2. Too heavy? Just how big are they?

3. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

As they are pictured they are about 9" tall and 18" from left to right. I don't have them right here so I'm only guessing, and we all know guys are lousy with estimating inches.:)

4. spooler41

spooler41

Looks like a steering box out of a 70's Ford P/U.

..................Jack

5. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

That doesn't sound like something worth hauling to a swap meet.:(

6. Ole don

Ole don

Those look like the gear box that will fit tri five Chevs, and Fords 54 to 56.