Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford stamp on 16 x 4.5 wheels.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Big AL Neenyo, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Big AL Neenyo

Big AL Neenyo

Hello,
    I bought 4 wheels for my '50 F-1 panel. 3 of the wheels were from the same truck(Same color, blue). The 4th. wheel appeared to have been painted black originally. I found something interesting when I was prepping them for paint.
    The 3 wheels that are the same, all are stamped FoMoCo, I am familiar with that logo. The oddball wheel is stamped with the Ford script. I am thinking the Ford script is older than the the FoMoCo, am I right? The wheels all are similar with the exception of the Script versus fomoco and the center lugs are different the script wheel is a Innie, the lug holes are recessed, where as the fomoco wheels are outies, lol .. the lug holes are raised.
    Another question is, when did they go from the script logo to the fomoco? Thanks for any help

2. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I don't know, but think "Ford Barn" would be able to answer...

lothiandon1940 and Big AL Neenyo like this.
  3. rusty valley

rusty valley

ford used the "inne" hub cap wheels until 66 on the 1/2 ton pickups. available in different widths. noticeably heavier than the car and pickup wheels of the 40's. most will have the year of manufacture stamped on one of the triangles between the lug holes

4. 42merc

42merc

"FOMOCO" script on trucks is 48 & later. Cars 49 & later.
    "Ford" script is on 48 & earlier stuff.