Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Shoebox Fatman Mustang II Stub Clip Install Tips??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suicidal-element, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Did you fool with mocking up the front sheetmetal, or just not bother cuz you're going to z it?

I know one of the guys at shoeboxford.com was having trouble getting his back together.

Looks great, can't wait to see more!

2. suicidal-element

suicidal-element
    from Auburn, CA

Well, I already know that I am going to have to majorly modify my inner fender wells since it is going to sit so damn low and I am going to have to notch my firewall too to make clearance for the tires. The front sheetmetal doesn't mount to the frame at all. It does mount to the center radiator support, so I will have to Z that front part of the clip back down to realign the sheetmetal and bumpers. I guess Ill find out what happens. haha.

3. scoottattoo

scoottattoo
    from Nevada

You nailed the tire wheel combo to a friggen T! I was only finding 10 hole wheels.....what width rim? backspace? What size center hole? Where did you get the bullets? Have part # for W.V.?

Please help!

This car is fucking badass. Was afraid to chop my coupe but now.........

Scoot

4. ...let's see some updates yo! :D

5. suicidal-element

suicidal-element
    from Auburn, CA

No updates as of yet. The holidays took a tole on me and work has been insane. Should be getting back to work by next week with the rear four link getting finished and the front getting z'd. Ill have pics up as soon as i do!!!

6. suicidal-element

suicidal-element
    from Auburn, CA

They are the Wheel Vintique OEM Ford chrome steel wheels. 15X6 with the stock backspacing that the wheels come in. Got the bullets and lugs from them as well. The thing is, is that I have a modified and narrowed 2002 Roush rear end in my car with new Mosier axles and stuff. So I don't know if that will make a difference with what you are trying to do. I had the rear shorted to where I wanted it, to have the wheels where they are. Hope this helps!!! I do have bullets in the rear too, amazinly, they are just tucked under the fender. They just barely clear!!! And I mean barely like 1/8" or less!!!!

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

what, with 4 flat tires? that would be the traditional way... :D

8. Sweet Kandy kookin' !....Mmmmm....tasty!