Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Model A from Belgium

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by committed, May 11, 2012.

1. committed

committed

Hello,
    This is my first post and I never introduced myself since I became a member in 2008. Sorry about that, but I had nothing interesting to say up until now.
    A few days ago I got my dreamcar. A 1929 Ford Model A coupe!!!
    I bought it from a Dutch car collector that had it for 2 years, but never got it registered in the Netherlands. It still had the Belgian papers. For me it was a lifetime opportunity. The price was right (for european standards)and there was no hassle for registration.
    The car is still stock, because getting a hotrod registered in Belgium is impossible. So the only option to get a hotrod on the road is to buy a stock coupe, get it registered and then start building.
    It was restored 30+ years ago, so it's not in prestine condition, but fair enough to drive it around.
    It's my only car, so it won't get chopped and/or channeled immediately. I will use the original four banger and soup it up for now. Maybe a V8 someday, but I still got time. The only thing I want to change right now are the wheels. Still undecided about the fenders too.
    I know I will learn a lot from the hamb and how to get the job done right.
    Thanks for reading.

Ps: the seller didn't want it to be hotrodded. He even refused to sell the car to a german guy, because he wanted to build a hotrod out of it. If he only knew...

Attached Files:

2. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York. Nice score on the car. Have fun with your build.

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

5. 30 A coupe

30 A coupe

Hi Committed,
    Nice looking coupe! :) I'm from Mortsel, near Antwerp and I have a rodded coupe, maybe you now me and saw my car already somewhere. I'm running an H & H touring engine. Last year I fitted a Mitchell overdrive and syncronized transmission.
    I look forward seeing your coupe somewhere on the road in Belgium.:)
    Have fun with it.
    Eddy:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. committed

committed

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
    I already found some good stuff on how to get the car lowered and keeping the stock A-frame. Now I just need the parts.

@Eddy: I saw your coupe last year at Rockabillyday and Motorama. It's awesome! I really like that early style of hotrodding.
    You've got a pm.

7. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

8. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Welcome from Iowa

9. Welcome from the Netherlands

I like your coupe and i knew it was for sale for some times here in the Netherlands

I have a 31 coupe myself (build in Belgium) and in Holland since new

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Welcome from Oregon! killer car!