Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford/holley carbrator I.D help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by damagedduck, Nov 12, 2011.

1. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

i did a search and really didn'tfind any info that would help me:(.
    i was wondering if you could shed some light on the differences in these 2 different type ford carbs-one i know is a94 --the other i'm not sure about?any info would be nice,any pro's/ con's one over another???& whats missing by my finger in #4

Attached Files:

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The carb on the right is a later version of the 94, made from '54 to '56 for Y-blocks,(and maybe others) and is either a #2100 or #2110, depending on venturi size. (1", 1 1/16", 1 5/32" etc) It has the distributor spark control valve located on the base-this is NOT the power valve. The port you are pointing to is the where the loadomatic distributor vacuum line connects to. :)

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

so i can plug-that hole then?thanks for the help!any benefit of running it over the older style?
    it was pro "rebuilt" then never used..i ended up with 2 of each all look pretty clean.

4. Just under the fuel inlet on the side of the bowl are usually a three digit code.
    This will give you more info on the carb model and years it was used. Carburetors are the Holley 94's, however the one on the right has the air cleaner mount usually found on trucks (oil bath air cleaner) and will not take a standard 2bbl air cleaner or scoop.
    When I build these carbs I use a turbo pipe clamp to secure the air cleaner. You will need to take the carbs apart to check the power valve, accelerator pump skirt, check ball and pump check valve. Plug the hole you are poiting at with a tapered fitting. The vacuum for your distributor will have to come from a manifold fitting.