Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Holley 94 Carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fittyfo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. fittyfo

fittyfo

I soaked a 94 carb base, main body, and throat in a solution of purple power and water. I soaked it for 3 days. While it worked great getting all the dirt and old grease and gas off of it, it also affected the throat and main body. The surface is now rough and has the powder build up you get when aluminum starts to corrode. I did rinse the parts in fresh water. I have also used a green pad to try and rub off the roughness and powder. It's working some but not great. Does anyone know of something to soak it in or a chemical to use to bring back the smoothness?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Chem tool.... or Berryman's B12

3. oj

oj

Welcome to the Hamb, shame your 'introduction' is with bad tidings. I am afraid you are screwed, 'purple power' and other similiar cleansors are citric acid based and will 'eat' aluminum and magnesium. It has removed surface materials including machined passages etc ...just bad ju-ju there and it'll be best if you replace it with another carb. Luckily, purple power is eco-friendly so when you pour it down the drain or behind the shop it won't affect anything.