Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford guys... Need headers for FE in a 59 Edsel Help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 76ltd, Apr 10, 2004.

1. 76ltd

76ltd

I have 59 Edsel that currently has 223 inline 6 in it and want to put a Ford FE motor in it. I want this motor to thump and don't think stock exhaust maifolds will be enough for the cam intake combo I have picked out. I have manifolds on the motor that I will biuld for it but want headers but can't seem to find anyone who offers them for the 57-59 Ford 58-59 Edsel.

Any help in locating some would be greatly appreciated.

76ltd

Attached Files:

2. du$ty

du$ty

why dont you just put a sbc in it. [​IMG]

im sorry..im no help.i guess they dont make them for 57-59 fords either.

3. prime mover

prime mover

4. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

your doin the same thing i am about to do , only mines a 59 ford wagon . check out sanderson headers , i thought they made a block hugger type , if so thats the way i am goin . Or go wild and do a fenderwell s..

6. 76ltd

76ltd

Thanks Guys.
    I looked everywhere I could think of when I should have just started here in the first place. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The link brianf31 gave has the headers I need. they're a little pricey but also a hard to find item.

Thanks again

76ltd

7. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Another option would be the truck stock exhaust , they are similar to the ram horns .Kinda like stock block huggers . I did see some on e-bay too .

8. 76ltd

76ltd

Thanks scooter.

I'm cosidering aluminum heads [​IMG]so if I go that route I would like some light weight tubular exhaust. I have stock FE manifolds out of My brothers 58 Edsel which was a 360 and a set off a 352 that I have.

If you need any thing for your swap let me know I'll try to help.

Thanks

76ltd

heres a pic of my brothers 58 which will soon have a 5.0 roller motor.

Attached Files:

9. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

ANYTIME ltd .. those are some cool longroofs !
    Thanks also for the offer , i may just take ya up on that if needed . Turns out i maybe gettin a low milage t-bird donor .

10. 58villager

58villager

Hey Dusty, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You were right we called all the Ford dealerships in town and none of them had an sbc to fit that 59 ford.They said they were only ofered in chevys [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. old beet

old beet

EASY fenderwell headers for a FE motor; Get a cheap set of headers bolt them on upsidedown (kinda looks like a drag boat) cut them off where they sweep up. Now change sides with cut off header, weld back on............OLDBEET

12. Uuhhhm....if yer tossin' those stock 352 manifolds...I have some cracked ones that sound crappy and need replacing... [​IMG]