Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford Flathead Head Bolt Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ziggster, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I've noticed the same thing on the West Coast. While businesses in Canada are usually fine, I have noticed just across the border in the US stores will be more business like and a bit more helpful.

On a car junk hunting trip down to the US a couple years ago with a friend we did have a bit of a funny experience at a business though (well I'll confess that it was a fast food place). The teenage girl taking our order was really moping and muttering and unhappy. When my friend asked how she was doing, she testily complained that she hated the joint and wondered why people came there.
    My friend answered, "Because of the people!"

Truck64 likes this.
  2. Ziggster

Ziggster

Just called Hillman Canada, who referred me to Hillman USA, who referred me back to TSC. Hillman Canada doesn’t stock those bolts, and only sells to distributors. Same as Hillman USA, but they did say that TSC could order the bolts directly and not have to wait for the rep to come order them. Talked to the TSC manager. He checks, and says they did speak with the rep, and a partial order did arrive, and that they called me, but many of the bolts were on back order. He did acknowledge that they could have placed a PO, but would require payment upfront. Problem now is border is still closed, and shortages are getting worse. Will be looking at alternatives... Rant over.

3. Ziggster

Ziggster

Forgot about this thread, and actually ran a across it while searching info on C69 engines. I ordered both ARP head bolts from Allen Fasteners, as well as some from the local Caterpillar dealer. For more info go to my GN JAP build thread.