Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford falcon transmission question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greazhonkey, Sep 5, 2009.

1. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

There is a Falcon sedan at a local junkyard(don't know what year). The trans appears to be a three on the tree. Are these good trans? Are they easily adapted to other engines? Just curious if it is worth the time to go and pull it. Thanks

2. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

The early Falcoons (before 66 ?) 3 speed manual 2.77 trany had non synchronized first gear and are weak . Pop the top off (4 bolts) and check for busted teeth. The 3 speed manual 3.03 are fully synchronized and have 9 bolts on the cover and are a much better trany.

3. 62rebel

62rebel

basically, unless you are running a Falcon/Comet and need a Peanut spare, i wouldn't even waste my time opening a 4bolt cover. i have one; i pray it holds together, but i'm on the hunt for the later style (with a 200 ci 6 attached pref) to one day replace my 144...
    but be nice and tell the rest of us where the junkyard is; LOTS of Falcon guys on here.

4. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

West Side Auto Dismantlers, Visalia, CA