Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Fairlane thread, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blades, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Not only is it boss, it's also a 4 door! NICE!

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Anyone running an A.O.D.? Looking to put a roller 302 and AOD in mine. Hows the clearance in the trans tunnel?

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Really? all these Fairlanes and nobody with an A.O.D?:confused:

4. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I have a AOD in my 64, There is plenty of room, But, I dont have long tube headers or a shatterproof bellhousing. Just a standard AOD with a B+M rachet shifter(cable driven).

5. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

HEY FELLA'S, Trying to start a group JUST FAIRLANES. Lets get this thing going, Post some pics and talk about your trials in builds.... Thanks Jeff

6. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

I have a bunch of parts especially trim pieces from a 57 fairlane 300 if anyone is interested. I have a classified post or pm me if you have any questions.

7. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

I'm in. I'll keep an eye out for it and post some pics.

8. alaskaal

alaskaal
    from Delaware

Bought a 63 four door several months ago. Home remodel and work has kept it in the garage since.
    After reading this thread (every post!) I was inspired to get onto my project, Thanks to all of you!
    Like I said....shes a 63 4 dr, 289/c4 combo. Lowered and shaved but with a large amount of rust. I'll be tackling the floors tommorow and the rear quarters as soon as I can find some.
    As soon as I figure it out, I'll post some pics.
    Thanks again to all

9. alaskaal

alaskaal
    from Delaware

Nice 63! Its in my driveway down here in Delaware now. Just started the resto on it!

10. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

love that green!!!

11. ttourigny

ttourigny
    from covina ca

I have just yesterday, picked up a 1957 ford fairlane hard top convertable that has been in a garage since 1973 ( i was 1 when it was parked.i will post pics tomorrow ) Does anyone know where i can get a roof switch for this car mine is broken.

12. tray502

tray502
    from washington

My 67 after a little work.

Attached Files:

13. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My '63 in 1976 or so, back when it was still Grandpa's car. Snapshot was a Christmas present from my sister, thanks sis. Wish I had this one back.

Attached Files:

14. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

Hello,Our weather has been great in missouri this last week so I got the ranch wagon out for a drive on the last day of the year and today the first day of the new year. Saturday I drove my Fairlane back home for a photo opp at the old building were it was bought new from LEADBELT MOTORS in Desloge MISSOURI the town I grew up in. The son in law of the man who bought it new tells me it was the last car they sold before closing in 1964. Not sure about that but the old building is still standing just the big glass windows are gone. The pole behind the highway signs without a sign hanging from it had a ford parts sign on it at one time.
    A good friends dad had that sign after all this time and gave it to me have, he said it needed to be with the car. See I said a good friend.

last day of 2011 001.jpg

last day of 2011 002.jpg

15. TinShed

TinShed

[​IMG]

Here is my dads old Fairlane

16. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I am trying to get a group going JUST FAIRLANES, Post your pics and lets shoot the shit.... Thanks Jeff

17. teddyp

teddyp

glad to see a few 58,s he,s a picture of mine to keep it going i,ve had this since 1988

Attached Files:

18. I used to have a '62 just like that!

19. PinHead

PinHead

Been working on this one for awhile, bought her about 8 years ago, started the bodywork in tech. school in 2006, and just FINALLY got some paint on it. been a long road, but worth it. She's sitting at my uncle's shop now, waiting for final cut and buff. As you can see the bottom half is scuffed, while the top just needs mirror glaze.

Shaved everything except the belt line stainless, and the stainless around the windows is going back on too. Haven't decided if I want to put the drip rail trim back on, got a set off a parts car but it looks kinda neat the way it is. The shaved trim at the roofline is probably my favorite, I think it really helps clean that area up.

Been wanting to post this one here for a LONG time! :)

[​IMG]

Edit: Sorry if the pic is kinda big, didn't realize that, not sure how to fix it but I can do it if it's a problem.

20. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Post the link to your group so we can join :D

21. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

My sons 63.. His first car... Crites components..

[​IMG]

22. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

23. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Bumpin for the sake of the enjoyment this thread has brought me

24. Man! This 56 is damn near perfection! I had a 66 bird and love those interiors. Great choice.
    I'm wondering now how that back seat would fit in the Starliner...

25. 64Nostalgia

64Nostalgia

I've been a Chevy guy all my life, but I always liked the jet-age lines and raked back windshield of the '64 Fairlane HT, so recently I picked up my latest car to build entirely to drive and have fun with. It's a '64 Fairlane 500 hardtop in Rangoon red on red with a 289 4V/C4 and 3.25:1 8" one leg rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Is this that one w/ the horizontal antennas on the roof? if so i loooove'em.

27. slowmotion

slowmotion

Sweet, from a Chevy guy too. Always loved the '64s.
    I'd polish the wheels and just drive that sucker as is!

28. 63Compact

63Compact

I've had my 63 for 21 years, only seems like yesterday when I dragged him home.

29. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Heres my "63" , unbeleivable shape for N/W ohio car.. Its in the body shop now , going triple black......

Attached Files:

30. Canus

Canus

Trying to get this 62 back on the road for my son. Was his driver during high school but has been sitting for over 20 years. Built a .040 over 302 with mild cam, Holley on a factory aluminum intake and an AOD for it. About time for paint. Looking for bumpers and the stainless strip that goes across the back of the trunk lid in case anybody has a spare.

Attached Files: