Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford F1 pitman arm refurb: Spherical turning without any fancy fixtures. Another first for Mart.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello. Welcome to another video from Mart's garage. hey, if you don't ever try anything, you never learn anything new, right? In this video I manage to repair a badly worn f1 pitman arm in the trusty Willson lathe. It was a new experience for me and I think it turned out well. Ok enough Yakkin' lets get on with it.

It's best to watch in YouTube so the like and subscribe buttons are available, and leave a comment if you like.

Thanks for watching, please reply to this thread so I can gauge how the video was received.

Cheers!

Mart.

2. Mart

Mart

Bump for Satta day.

3. irishsteve

irishsteve

Well done.I always wondered how odd shaped parts were lathe mounted for turning so I learned something.A bit scary hand finishing at the end,but most of us have done much the same at some point.Keep the brain turned on,and the fingers crossed!

4. Mart

Mart

Thanks Steve. yes, being aware that there is risk involved is very important.

Bump for Sunday.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Good job Mart ,
    A little scary there at the end,,,,,glad it worked out okay .

Tommy