Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

GONE - Ford F series front fender braces

Discussion in '"Pay It Forward"' started by atch, Jan 7, 2019.

1. atch

atch

City: Columbia

State: Missouri
    These fender braces are for the front fenders of an F-1 Ford pickup. I believe that they fit all F series trucks with the possible exception of cab overs. When I replaced the rusted out steel fenders on Clarence with 'glass fenders I discovered that my fender braces were as bad as the fenders themselves. I had a local boneyard remove the two braces from each of two pickups. I sandblasted, painted, and used the two best ones and these are the other two. The close-ups are of the end of one of them. Except for this rusted place they both will clean up and be presentable. The rusted out place on the bad one will be an easy repair.

As you can see both sides are identical; there are no lefts and rights. The cross section is an "S" or "Z" shape, more or less. The lower lip on the drivers side faces rearward towards the top of the tire. Therefore mud is more apt to collect on this lip and the left side rusts worse than the passenger side. I wasn't there when these were removed from the trucks but I would guess that the one with worse rust is a left side.

PM me if you want one or both of them.

Sorry for the last pic being extremely fuzzy. I thought that fuzzy was still better than nothing.

20190107_180811.jpg 20190107_180837.jpg 20190107_180829.jpg 20190107_180818.jpg

2. atch

atch

Still available...