Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford engines in chevys lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot74roadrunner, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddyp

teddyp

ha ha thats true :D

2. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

as in Its just unnecessary dificulty with unsatisfactory results the is deffintly coming from someone that has their head up their anus i have a real 1956 chevy wagon gasser right from the late 60s early 70s was in storage since 73 this was a true boafied gasser drag car its best et was 10.66 at 124 mph in 1971 i bought the car had a left over 347 ford stroker leftover from my 55 ford since i already had 3700 bucks in the engine and it was just sitting there on the floor i decided to save me some money and put it in the 56 well i did it fits better than a chevy my wife realy likes this car (and she hates every dang car i seem to get) so i set it up with a c-6 aod this car gets 20 mph around town wend nite we drove it to the drag strip it ran a 10.21 @137 mph and drove it home and she drove it to work the next day it ran faster with my sbf than the chevy with my 300 pound as drivin it so for all those idiots that dog that. you dont know anything abought hotrodding and stay on the computor to much

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  3. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i read that ford engins are programed to seize-up if put in that situation.

4. ibuild

ibuild

61 chevy all i can say is there are a lot of early cars around here but they are not on the road i drive mine hard and a lot, i use a ford because that is what i like, not trying to piss anybody off, just a 65 year old man having fun

5. Pride of Richmond, VA Eddie Smith...'34 Chevy Roadster with Ford Power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-wGrKevqi0

He now races a Chevy S-10 with the same motor out of the roadster. You might have seen him race the truck on the show, Pinks (aired May, 2007). He won, beating the show's tech director Nate Pritchett. Eddie is the cat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

like a rock.. powered by ford stock.

7. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

I'm new here, but I'll comment on this one. Back in about 84, I saw a 57 Bel Air convert at a local show with a 292 in it. Very, very cool.

The same guy had a 61 Bubbletop with slant 6/torqueflite power. It had 409 badges on it... And it was just plain wrong

8. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Very wrong, but very cool. Probably faster than a 409 too, being that Chevys are either being jumped off or have a puddle of green under them

9. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I almost put a 302/c-4 in my 51 Pontiac cause I had it laying around.

BUT.. I didn't :)

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Tom Medley put a 350 SBC in his '40 coupe, so are you calling him an uninformed idiot whose only taste is in his mouth? In case you don't know who Tom Medley is, you can read about him here:

http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/latest-stuff/stroker-s-tom-medley-s-1940-rebuild-project.html

Also, WHY was it fortunate for the owner of the '61 Starliner that he wasn't with the car when you saw it? What would you have done had he been by the car when you saw it? Would you have punched him in the neck, cut his throat, shot him, called him a dumbass? Just curious.

One more thing, it's spelled "cretin," not "creaton." And really, you should have typed "in their mouth" (possessive) rather than "in there mouth."

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  11. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Regarding not putting a a Ford in your 54 Poncho.

Your loss. That straight 8 makes great filler for road construction...
    I'm just saying'....'....

12. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Let the ford guys have there fun. There just tryen to get a couple jabs in while they can. They know the truth. Now can some one dig up a pic of a ford with a chevy motor in it??????? Prolly wouldent have to do much digging!!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!

13. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Geez. All this venom from the bow tie guys. They are really going to foam at the mouth when they see our Studebaker powered 1970 Z28 next year. I had better make sure the show has a ambulance handy.

14. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Nope were small block chevys man. We can dish it out and take it.

15. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

16. Deuces

Deuces

He don't know how to build chevys....

17. Deuces

Deuces

DOH!...:eek::D

18. Deuces

Deuces

I think he got kicked in the nutz.... :eek:

19. sunbeam

sunbeam

This was done in the 70s before aftermarket heads. Think Bob Gliden and how many years he won pro stock.

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The Chevy guys can dish it out but cant take it,if the supposive low mile 235 I got for my 37 Chevy p/u is no good it will get the extra Y block I have after I decide if I use the correct 55 to 57 272 or the 62 292 for my 55 sunliner. I wish I could do it and stop talking about it but too many projects going on right now.

21. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Personally, I'm just flat tired of looking at small block Chevys... whatever they're in. Yeah, they're cheap to build, but it's just the same old thing over & over & over... BORING!!!

22. Deuces

Deuces

..... And who asked for your opinion???....:rolleyes:

23. Larry T

Larry T

Yep, to appreciate one you need to use it-not look at it.

To sorta stay on subject-I've seen a 289 in a Mid 60's Corvette race car, a flathead in a Camaro is floating around the internet and a cartoon about a 289 in a Corvette in Drag Toons ("He beat a Cobra").

24. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

I agree 100%. I just can't get excited about a small block Chevy. They work good, sure, but I like to do something different.

I've got a 300 Ford six in my 1929 Chevy dirt track car. My dad was in the stands one night. The announcer was going through the lineup telling who the driver was, where they were from, what kind of car (all vintage), and lastly what motor is in the car.

He got to me and says "Starting on the inside of the third row, number 00, from Utica, SD." Says my name and then, "and get this all you Chevy guys, he's got a 1929 Chevrolet Sedan with a 300 FORD INLINE SIX CYLINDER!" From what my dad tells me, the stands collectively groaned. I don't win every race, but I've finished ahead of a hell of a lot of souped up 327s.

25. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Let's see this beast!
    Any action shots?
    TP

26. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

27. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

28. Larry T

Larry T

29. Deuces

Deuces

Yep!!!... Too big for a flathead motor...

30. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

One thing about sbc's in Ford roadsters & coupes, it makes walking through a car show faster. But I will stop at one with a Hemi, Poncho, Nailhead or anything thats different. I saw a bunch of roadsters/coupes this weekend at the Lake Havasu show w/GM V6's in them. Different.

I'm still shaking my head over the sbc in a later model Mustang I saw at a show in Mi. Hell, the engine that came in it from the factory was hard enough to replace. The car was 1 step above a Rat?%#.

The sbc cheaper, easier, faster...... They just want to be different like everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.