Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Brake Questions??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Garry Carter, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Just wondering ... why the Ford M/C (and proportioning valve) call for separate lines to the front brakes, but not the rear in a disc/disc setup? Is this a "safety" feature? What would happen if I plugged one of the two front outlets and only ran a single line?

2. ken1939

ken1939

juice jar, mustang? What kind or year.

3. On the early dual circuit systems ( post 67) Ford uses the pressure differential valve (often mistakenly called the "Prop" valve) to split the front brakes into right and left thereby eliminating an additional splitter. A single line goes to the rear and is split on the rear axle.

4. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Thanks for the information. don't know year/model on the M/C other than it's a Ford, and came from a disc/disc setup. Definitely not a Mustang fruit jar -- sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. Still unsure as to what the effect of plugging one outlet would be and running only a single line to the front -- with a T-connector providing juice to the off side. But I appreciate the help.

5. All of the dual master cyl. changes I've done they have the front split and a single line to the rear. Must be a good reason cause they could save tubing and stuff. I'd just do it the way they say and go on. $0.02

6. RAY With

RAY With

I have done many late model Power Brake to older vehicles and found by staying with the original pluming it works every time without problems.When junk yard shopping I get the complete under hood system then adapt the vehicle to the system. It has always worked for me.