Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford banjo rear axle manuals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by danoz, Sep 27, 2009.

1. danoz

danoz
    from mass

are there any teardown/assembly manuals available for the banjo rear axle.i searched the web and archives hoping to download or print something. i got a 47 1/2 ton i'm tearing down for my build. any help or links would be oppreciated.

Attached Files:

2. striper

striper

I used this thread to rebuild mine. It works really well. Unfortunately the pictures have gone now. I was lucky enough to print it out before they disappeared but I'm sure it should still be OK.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61502

It's fairly easy to follow. You have to be patient. There is a fair bit of assembly- disassembly- assembly- disassembly to get it set up right.

Good luck

Pete

3. Ice man

Ice man

Buy some gaskets. The side gaskets come in .06 and .010. Every thing is done by FEEL. Done a bunch of them, and the old gent that showed me was a Model A mechanic. He showed me some tricks, and I never had a problem with one. I even used mismatched ring and pinion gears, (had no money then) only enough for new bearings, and it ran quiet for years. Its not complicated, but be prepaired to dismantle it several times to get it right. I can go through it with you when your ready. Don't waite to long, I'm old. Iceman

4. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Think there is anyway to get the pictures back. I have one that I need to rebuild as well. Thanks

5. danoz

danoz
    from mass

yeah i found that tech article, cuznbrucie had saved it with the pics that got deleted and was nice enough to email it to me.just gotta get a stuck drum free and tear it apart. i wanna shave off the leaf spring mounts, sandblast, clean, and prime everthing up first. no sandblast today though cold and rainy as bastard in mass. who has the gasket shim packs? speedway? thanks for the responses.

6. danoz

danoz
    from mass

airborne, i will email you what cuznbrucie gave me. thats what the hamb is all about passin it on. poppin out to take the family to breakfast will forward to you when i get back. send me a pm with your email

7. danoz

danoz
    from mass

have had some requests by email for the excellent tech-article by the-rodster with pics.saved and supplied to me by cuznbrucie. see if i can post it here for all. it's a MS word document and in a zip file, so you'll need that on your machine to read it. lets see if this works

Attached Files:

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Oooops! I had forgotten that I had sent the stuff to you.......disregard the PM I just sent you, unless you need it again for some reason...........best regards,

CB

9. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

It worked......nice job!

CB

10. danoz

danoz
    from mass

cuznbrucie was that a senior moment! just kiddin.. you rock. lotta guys lookin for that article with the pics thanks to you now they can just print it up.:cool:

11. Thanks heaps Danoz!

12. tdog

tdog
    from Omaha, NE