Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford 94 carb advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by torchmen49, Mar 15, 2009.

1. torchmen49

torchmen49

Need some help here. Going to be installing a staggered 4 deuce intake on a mildly warmed over 327 and need some advice on setting up the 94's. I will be running a progressive linkage set up, and was wondering if the two secondary carbs should be converted to "pumpers" with disabled idle circuts, power valves and aftermarket butterflies that provide full seal at idle. I have done this on a three deuce set up (useing Rochesters) and it worked great! What do you guys think? - Torch

2. ian

ian

run a search for dreddybear's technical thread on 94's. you'll probably come across more info then you wanted to know.

3. R Pope

R Pope

I thought those staggered carb manifolds were intended to be hooked up with straight linkage, all four operating simultaneously?

4. torchmen49

torchmen49

Seen lots more of the staggered versions with progressive, whereas the inline versions on desotos etc. seem to have been simultaneous as you mentioned. Guess it's just what ever works best. I'd rather have it idle through two than four.