Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford 9" experts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mixedupamx, Aug 5, 2012.

1. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

I'm getting ready to install the new bearings on my Moser axles for my ford 9" housing and I dont know which side goes toward the flange and which goes toward the housing. the new bearings have an o- ring seal around them which is offset to one side, does it install to the inside or outside? HELP!!!

2. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

towards o/s.........put lube on seal

is one side of bearing open for rear axle oil to reach bearing /some are

3. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

yep towards the out side,and as mentioned above lube the orings so the dont tear

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Seems like you got your answer, so if I can, may I ask a related question? I have a built 9 inch Trackloc in my 27 and it has seeped oil out of the yoke threads since day one. The guy who built it refuses to stand behind it because he says we overfilled it, but I know we didn't. Plus, it has been seeping for so long I know the level must be low by now and am going to check it soon.

What makes one leak like that? It seems the grease is wicking up the threads.

Don

5. Dave 39

Dave 39

I have always cleaned the splines really well with brakeclean and then alittle RTV on the splines. This keeps lube from wicking out and causing a leak. Dave

6. I just had a thaught how about a copper washer behind the nut? I know we put them on the studs.