Register now to get rid of these ads!

For those of you that loved Garage Magazine welcome to Autocult!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Oct 30, 2011.

1. So let me get this straight your shared an honest opinion about a magazine you didnt look at cause it had a plastic cover on it? No offense taken. I just was trying to figure out where you were coming from with some of your comments. I do have to say a couple of your picks have plenty of music reviews, "kustom kulture" artist spotlights, tattoos spotlights, articles on clothiers, some good and bad pinups, just sayin!!! Don't be so quick to judge something you havent seen, and seem to enjoy in the other mags you purchase

2. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Pretty kick ass magazine. Yes expensive. Printed on good stock, thick mag, cool full color photography and interesting articles about things I didn't know I wanted to know about. Not full of ads and B.S. The girls are more tastefully done than many mags, but skip the photoshoot if that kinda stuff offends you.

3. studhud

studhud

Hey Al good seeing you and Stoner at Brizios luncheon! Put one aside for me pleez!
    Dave Hitch

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

No harm, no foul, man. :) Yeah, R&K has that which is why I don't pick up every issue. I pick the ones with cars that catch my eye. Who knows, if I get my hands on a copy of Autocult and flip through it, I just might get a copy myself. I'm not too wild about the cover but I can't deny I have some curiosity as to what's on the inside. I just can't justify risking the 12 bucks as I'm on a tight typical-for-college budget. :D

iPhone - TJJ App

5. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Thanks to Ol'Chevy I got mine today. Thanks to ol'chevy for hooking me up, the magazine looks great so far!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  6. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Glad you like it. Bob K stopped by the shop on the way down to the Turkey Run to pick up his copy. Great guy.....looooong distance driver. He and his wife got a kick out of the shop decor.

7. zombie

zombie

rod & kulture does not feature tattoos or clothing in any way shape or form. it also does not featured tat'd up pin up girls with red stripes in their hair either...

i have not had a chance to see the new issue of autocult yet. i did read about it on the site. everything that stoner does is top quality, and im sure this will be very successful. looking forward to seeing it...

zombie

8. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Picked it up a couple of weeks ago, awesome mag! Really glad something like Garage mag came out!

9. Zombie we all know your Mag is Great and you are a Ruler!!! You always feature choice cars and top broads ha-ha. Now get to work on going monthly!!!!!:D

10. I'll call your Premiere Issue of Garage and Autocult then raise you (2) premiere issues of The original CkDeluxe, (2) # 2 issues of CKD, (2) Premiere issues of Traditional Rod and Culture, and (2) number 2 Issues of TR&K. I had to close the toilet so all is safe until the little lady needs to use el bano. None of mine are for sale.

[​IMG]

To the uninitiated and people who want to speak on things they do not know, go read the magazines on the newstand and remember where they came from in the beginning. Alot of the magazines are filler on the rack and simple in delivery of the level of information and entertainment presented. The magazines above make ya think a little more and evaluate things from a different perspective and that's what hot rodding is all about.-Weeks

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  11. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Do you get 2 for $12?

12. For you no !!!!

And you too Weeks Do not, I repeat do not let those fall in the shitter!!!!

Hey if you guys have a extra Garage #1 laying around I could use it. Looks like most of you just like to set yours around the toilet anyway.

13. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

I had to bite the ebay bullet and pay 30 bucks for it but i have every issue of garage and i fuger this will just contune that if it keeps going , the only mags i buy anymore is rodders journal and rod and custom.

14. Hey thats a good way to spend all that overtime money!!! If you like early Garage youll dig it.

15. Racewriter

Racewriter

I read it, then got $30 for it on Ebay. I don't keep non-car magazines, and this is only a car magazine at the most tenuous level. I counted two actual car articles (one being the rat rod history - BFD - and a crappy half finished Henry J). The rest was on tattoos, surfing, and other BS. Hey, it's great though, I went back, bought an extra copy, and sold it for $30 too.

16. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

i've had no problem spending all that overtime money, this is a treat to myself, since i've spent almost half my gross annual income this year on my new project which might not even make it to cobo..

17. Philbilly

Philbilly

Great magazine! I only found it at Books A Million. I was there Friday and they still had 2 copies left. There was 5 left when I bought mine about 3 weeks ago.

18. Hey maybe you should do what racewriter did and buy them up and sell them for big profit, or help out some people here that want copies, can't find them locally, and have to resort to paying some douche 30 bucks for one!!!

19. I have offered to go get it for people and send it to them. I am not looking for anything more then the cover price and shipping to the Hamber in need. No one has taken me up on the offer.-Weeks

20. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I found and sold 5 for $20/ each including shipping, Haven't found more yet.

21. Shipping 1 out tomorrow to New Jersey and possibly 1 more to Cleveland.-Weeks

Just got 2 more pms overnight. I am out now after these 2 sorry fellas Barnes N Noble only had 4 left that I bought and they are all spoken for now.-Weeks

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  22. Firefly

Firefly

Ohhhh, does that make us 'savvy Kiwi Hambers' then !!??

For a different perspective, as a female reader, I enjoyed the magazine and all its articles.

23. If anyone wants to make a few bucks, I'm happy to pay full cover plus a finders fee and obviously postage to get them to Australia. I tried to bulk order only 40 copies but simply lucked out....and I was a dealer for Garage from the premiere issue so even that didn't help!

24. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

You know you're special luvvy! :)

25. Peddro,
    if you have any luck you know im keen for a copy -Rhys

26. Worth the price for the rat rod article alone!

27. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

thank you so much!
    def. a good read.

28. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I know this is an old thread but I found it to be incredibly self promoting. The Rat rod story and Robert Williams, are you kidding me. While it may not have been popular or trendy, I remember primered cars (mostly customs) always being around. I'm sure it was just because us in the midwest were so far behind the people in Cali we just hadn't caught on to the Billet era that you guys were living in.

I graduated in '91 and remember a car show on the baseball field of my highschool my senior year. Two early '50's Chevies and a Merc there that were all in primer, lowered and sport'n wide whites. I guess they were probably in from Cali showing us guys in Michigan how to do it. Really, get over yourselves.

The cars those guys drove are and always have been bitchen, but to say that nobody else was doing it is rediculious...

29. still after a copy without the extortion if anyone can help?