Register now to get rid of these ads!

"for sale" vs. "wanted"

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by atch, Mar 15, 2003.

1. atch

atch

could you make some differentiation between for sale classifieds and wanted ads? a forced choice of an icon would work; seperate boards would work; different colors would work; etc., etc. i'm pretty sure that no matter how many methods i think of you will be able to think of twice as many.

b-t-w; attaboys to you, ryan, for makin' this thing work.

2. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

All anyone needs to do is be clear in their topic subject:

FS: Fenton headers, never used
    WTB: F-1 steering box
    FS: Buick 455 engine only

Etc. Just be clear if it's for sale, or if it's wanted to buy.

3. atch

atch

that's the problem; i agree with what your'e sayin' duece, but people just don't put it in the subject very often. maybe training for the masses is the answer.

4. i agree with atch. you guys put the item description down (showing SOME signs of intell.), now follow thru and put if it's wanted or for sale so some of us shoppers don't click on some misleading whatever.......bla bla bla

[/ QUOTE ]

5. Donzie

Donzie

I agree. We need something to show the difference.
    I get all excited when I see a post "Custom grille for '50 Chevy".
    Then when I read the description it says "want to buy".

6. the btw in MY post was NOT done by me. if someone out there has something to add, make your own fucking post and don't edit mine. BLOW ME!!

7. [nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnquote]could you make some differentiation between for sale classifieds and wanted ads? a forced choice of an icon would work; seperate boards would work; different colors would work; etc., etc. i'm pretty sure that no matter how many methods i think of you will be able to think of twice as many.

[/ QUOTE ]