Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

For Sale 1964 Ford Falcon Futura Hard Top

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Billy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Billy

Billy

City: Saginaw

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $6800
    64swiftplant.jpg Here is the last car that I was supposed to own! It is the proverbial little old lady car that had 50,000 original and highly documented miles when I purchased it. It has a very good body and no rust – other than the surface rust or patina that you see, but no cancer. The car does not appear to have been hit, as the front and rear frame rails are laser straight. The inner fender aprons are crisp and have not been worked. Even the factory battery box has not rusted out, like most of them do. The floor pans are very nice as are the rocker panels and door bottoms, and trunk drop offs. This is the real deal car! The grill and the Futura panel are both very nice. The chevron chrome accents are very nice and are not pitted, and the side trim is nice and straight. It is milky, as aluminum trim does over time, and there are two places that have minor denting. The trim around the windshield and back glass is darn nice. The plastic dash on the inside is not cracked or warped or cut up. The hubcaps are nice – no curb rash and are all very shiny. The inside windshield chrome trim is very nice. These are usually pitted. There is very little pitting at the bottom of the A pillar, but the rest of the trim is very nice. I bought this because it was such an unmolested car – I paid good money for this car so I could be the one to molest it! I have a huge folder of documentation that the lady had done to the car throughout her ownership of the car. This includes inspection reports with mileage documentation, muffler replacement and various repair work with mileage statement. This car is an honest 60,000 mile car – the odometer has not been rolled over nor back. From the pictures you can see it still have the factory brown starter solenoid. It still even has the FOMOCO script headlights! I live in Fort Worth and have a 34 mile round trip commute to work and the car has NEVER let me down. It has been to Oklahoma, Austin, San Antonio, Seguin, and all over the D/FW Metro-mess and it drives great. In fact the guy that inspected it last time commented how much it drove like a dream and got permission for me to let another inspector drive it so he could also see how great it drove. As is the case for those of us who have this old car sickness, I thought this was the last car I’d own, so I spent money on this car doing it just like how I like it. But, I have found something else that has turned my head, so I have to let this great little car go. I have TONS of pictures to document that this is the real deal – no hidden surprises, no excuses, and no disappointments car. This is an honest-to-goodness great driver. I have spent the money on it because I obviously didn’t purchase this car to “flip.” The car is for sale locally, so the listing may be cancelled. The car has had an extensive amount of mechanical stuff done to it, but I have left the factory paint – yes, FACTORY paint because after I buffed it, it really came to life and it looks killer. I have swapped the rear end for a 63 ½ V8 Falcon unit that is an 1 ½ narrower than the stock unit, which allows 7 X 15 wheels to be wrapped in 235/60R15 BF Goodrich Radial TA tires. I have front drums off of a 1969 Falcon V8 for extra stopping power. The front wheels are 5 X 15 with 205/60R15 BF Goodrich Radial TA’s. The spare is the same size as the fronts. These tires have less than 10,000 miles on them and look new with no rubs or scrapes. Here is what I’ve done to it: new inner and outer tie rod ends, new fuel pump, new fuel line from pump to carb, new radiator and cap, new motor mounts, new axle bearings and axle seals, the 8 inch pumpkin has had all 5 bearings replaced with new ones, new fan belt, new hoses, new core support, heater box has been rebuilt, new shocks, new brakes, carburetor has been rebuilt, new drive shaft and universal joints, new tires, new fuel tank, new fuel gauge sender unit, new windshield, new windshield gasket, new back glass gasket, new carpet, new head liner, new seat covers, new door panels, new package tray, really nicely re-plated front and rear bumpers – these are a bit older, but are in excellent shape. I have installed new insulation before the headliner was installed, and I have used Eastwood’s version of Dynomat under the carpets on the very nice floor pans. The transmission works great, the steering is good and tight, the brakes will stop on a dime. This car runs and drives wonderfully. I’d drive it anywhere any time with very little worry – just know that it is a 50 year old car, so things can happen at any time. I have like 75 pictures to help document what this car is. I have a large amount of brand new trinkets and trim pieces that go with the car. For example I have new inside Futura door emblems, I have new Futura fender badges, new hood ornament, new instrument cluster glass, new door panel escusions, new trunk seal, new antenna, new turquoise inside paint, fender to apron seals, generator splash shield, rear quarter pillar seals, and various other accouterments.

Call Billy at (817) 798-9306 or drop me an email [email protected]
    Here is the link to all the pics of the this car. http://s152.photobucket.com/user/FoMoCoMan1/media/1964 Falcon Futura Hard Top/CAM01735.jpg.html?evt=email_share

dave32 likes this.