Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

for sale 1962 Chevy II wagon 350ci/TH350

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by jxnslotcar, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

City: Jackson

State: Michigan
    Price: 4500 obo
    Added more pics to the thread! $4500 OBO The parts list is long and extensive, if interested, please ask for a copy of parts list! I now have a clear green Michigan title for the car!
    It is a running car with a crate 350ci/290hp engine that I installed new 1.6 roller rockers on to get more lift. It has a 670 Holley vacuum secondary carb on top of a Edelbrock intake, headers and a set of header mufflers. TH350 trans with a B&M Hole Shot 2600 stall converter, seamless tubing driveshaft custom made for the car and last but not least a pre 64 rear posi diff with the front drop out center section. It has new brake lines and brakes in rear incl wheel cylinders, front disc brake conversion new in front along with master cylinder and Wilwood adj valve. It also has welded in frame connectors.
    It has new shocks and springs on all 4 corners including Calvert Split Leaf Mono springs in the back. Battery has been moved to the back and is inside a Moroso box. The engine also has a Moroso rear sump oil pan along with new Melling oil pump. The ignition consists of new MSD box, dizzy and new performance wires. The radiator is an aftermarket aluminum with an electric fan. The body which was white originally is in black primer and it still needs work on back quarters and tail gate. The wiring needs to be cleaned up. I was going to get everything done and then install a new wiring harness once everything was laid out. The problem as far as driving is it will not hold an alignment. Typical. The next thing I was going to install was a CPP Mini subframe in the front and then car could be driven anywhere.
    I think $4500 is a reasonable price for the car but will consider an offer.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and this is what it looked like when I got it as a rolling chassis a couple of years ago
    [​IMG]

Email is best way to get with me as I don't get on here as much as I used to

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

No offers? Add a CPP Mini Sub Frame kit for $400 and have a cheap summer driver. Do body work and have a $20K car
    Engine is $2300 GM Crate 350/290hp and I added new 1.6 roller rockers which add approx. 30 thousands lift. The engine runs good and sounds good. I got the air cleaner from Pro One when I had the motorcycle shop and it is a prototype for K&N. Says that on bottom side. It was part of a dual carb setup that K&N came out with and Pro One makes for them.
    The car will need a new interior and some body wok but most major mechanical is done when you think about it. And long roofs are up and coming. [​IMG]
    For what's been done to the wagon I am not asking for a lot of money. It is a running driving car with tons of potential. It does have some rust and filler. The rockers are solid tho they do have dents where someone thought they could lift it on the pinch welds. If it was a rustfree car with nice paint, I would be wanting $20K or more. You can't lose money on this. I am losing money but have other priorities at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  3. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

bumping the thread. Check this car out. It is really a decent deal when

4. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

5. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

All it has are front bucket seats. This car was drag raced. It has the 57-64 Chevy diff that has the front p
    "pumpkin" that drops out the front. The gears are 4.88 and it is a posi unit. I was going to drag race it myself but the local track that is trying to reopen keeps getting hung up in court for the past 3 years.
    That is why I went with the new Calvert Racing Split Leaf Mono springs in the rear along with that style traction bar which was on the car when I got it. It also has new shocks on all 4 corners as well as new springs in the front. I also went with a custom made seamless tubing driveshaft as well as a 2600 stall converter, battery box in the rear, MSD 6AL box and ignition and thought I would put nitrous on the engine which is a GM crate 350ci/290hp. I changed the rockers to roller 1.6 rockers for more lift,Holley carb, edelbrock performer intake, aluminum radiator, headers, ect. Engine HP is probably around 325hp and thought I would put a 125-150 shot of nitrous on it which should make it a good street/strip car. I have more money in it that I am looking to get out of it not to mention the hours and hours spent on it. This is a very good start for very reasonable money.

Here is my photbucket album for this car. I may have other pics in the album but it does have pics starting from when I bought it off the HAMB a few years ago.
    http://s102.photobucket.com/user/occparts/library/1962 Chevy II wagon build?sort=3&page=1

6. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

bumping to the top

7. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

bumping a longroof to the top. maybe I have it priced too cheap and everyone thinks it is a POS which it isn't. It is a running project with very good parts used. The only reason I am selling it is to use the money to buy new hoists for a larger facility that we are putting together in which to move the shop into.

8. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

bump to the top

9. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

SOLD

I finally have a clear Michigan Title in my name for the wagon. It has been inspected by Police, had a surety bond issued for it and the history of the car researched by the State of Michigan. GOOD TO GO! I am asking $4500. The parts list that's ben installed on this car since I got it cost more than $4500 but I will still look at best cash offers. I got the front end aligned so that it is pretty close and driveable. I am going to take it to the Charlton Car Show in Hastings Michigan this weekend where it will be for sale. If you are in the market for a running driving car that has had the majority of mechanicals done to it than this is the car you are looking for. $4500 OBO

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016