Register now to get rid of these ads!

??? for fellow Nailheaders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fraz, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Think the little insert that goes on the bottom of the stock 4bl intake is goin out, car's starting to make ugly chuffing noises under the hood. Checked the manifolds and exhaust pipes, all seem to be good.

Going to pull intake tonite and doublecheck. Any of you NH guys still runnin stock intakes know of a good place to get a replacement insert?

2. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Some guy had a decent 4 door 59 Buick on Ebay the other week. After it didn't meet reserve, he posted that he was parting it out. Might be worth dropping him a line, although I don't remember which nailhead it was running...
    Here's a link to his current auctions...
    Parting 59 Buick

Hmmm. Just re-read your post. If it's some sort of gasket you're looking for then never mind. A used one wouldn't be much good.

Later-
    ~ Rob

3. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Thanks Nap, I think I know who yer talkin about, as I'm pretty sure I have the same link bookmarked. Too bad it's a 364, I need a 401. Forgot to mention that I think.

401 4bbl intake guys.

4. repoguy

repoguy

Fraz - call Poston 334-368-8577.

5. nailhead_sled

nailhead_sled

What shape are the 401 plates? Square like the 322? If so I may be able to help.

6. nailhead_sled

nailhead_sled

Doh must have had a brain fart. 401 Intake manifold plugs are round.
    Order from CARS Inc (www.buick-parts.com) Part number MP-596 Intake Manifold Plug, List price $10.50.
    Cheers