Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I kept running into the HAMB because I was searching for answers to some hot rode car/engine related questions.

2. revray

revray

I found this wonderful collection of dive bombers and derilects through a fellow H.A.M.B.er and great friend friend of mine, "Searching".

3. Blackcat333

Blackcat333

Whenever I would google "shoebox ford parts", "shoebox ford tech help", or "shoebox ford air bag installation", this site would always pop up so I figured that I have to join.

All of you Hambers have really helped me out. Gracias!

4. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

I'm pretty sure Google helped me as well. I was either searching for Fenton headers or something else Black Widow, and some old threads from here came up in the search results.

5. pennylane

pennylane
    from 1904

Love your bar! haha Im diggin it outside! Oh, and Im an upholstery gal ;) And there's really not many of us around!

6. I was using Google to search for info on 57-60 Ford F100s. I joined and really love this place.

7. Ryan wanted one of my steering wheels,(www.speedandchrome.com) so I checked out his site and finally decided to join. Now I can waste time everyday and enjoy it...

8. nummie

nummie

been getting info on here for a while, finally decided to join, thought someone might appreciate my .02

9. i had to look up "FNG"

ha ha

10. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

I have known about it for a while. Decided to join because my Dad and I worked on cars together. He would be here had he known about this, but he was one of those old guys who didn't know much about computers and still used corded phones....So, I just will stay here if you don't mind and learn a thing or three from those who came afore me...
    Thanks- Bob

11. bjf08816

bjf08816

Found it when looking for HEI conversion for my 56 Chevy wagon.

12. scrape53

scrape53
    from iowa

13. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

I was effing around researching Ford Thunderbolts and ran across the T-bolt thread on here. Lurked for a while needed to ask some questions and joined. That is the place for definitive T-Bolt history. I'm here for the history (as told by people that were actually there) and build threads.

Kevin

14. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

I googled "honey glazed" and here I am!

15. gearjammer38

gearjammer38
    from pk,ny

i heard of it though another forum i belong to, hottrodders.com

16. JoeS

JoeS
    from Tennessee

I learned about it from an old timer at work. I then realized what I had been missing out on.

17. smokey3550

smokey3550
    from texas

Heard about HAMB on a rat rod site. I love the old cars....all kinds.

18. WTFHemi

WTFHemi
    from Austin

I'm guessing i'm like most. I was talking to my group about stuff that needed fixin and when we ran across questions about my 331 hemi that none of us knew the answer to. One of the guys turned me on to the HAMB and that was that. I havent figured out the silly social strata deal but you can't beat the old timer's knowledge..but i think everyone needs to learn to laugh a little more.

19. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

I would google for information on my projects and would come across a HAMB link here and there and decided to check the place out. There was lots of cool pics, info and a classified section that may come in handy later, so I book marked the site and lurked around for a few months before I joined.

20. TheWrenchbender

TheWrenchbender
    from Belton SC

I found the HAMB while looking for some old truck parts (1951 F-2) I rebuilt the trans, water pump and carb. I'll most likely be around for quite a while as I've always liked vintage cars & trucks mostly trucks. And there's some real good info to be had here just for the taking. I wont steal a mans idea and call it my own as I give credit where credit is due. So unless ya'll run me off I'll be soaking up the HAMB fer quite a spell.

TheWrenchbender FNG ;)

21. Ficco55Merc

Ficco55Merc
    from Mass

Clicked a link off another site and ended up here. browsed for a few weeks and just joined the other day. plan on stickin around love all the nice cars and good info on here. Gettin good ideas for my merc too

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I found the Hamb the usual way in a search for hot rod related info. As far as being "new" goes, I don't know why some self righteous SOBs make such a big deal out of it.

As far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with anything at all. A big nothing. And the term FNG is retarded as well.

All that posturing has little to do with the subject of the forum or even the history or ability-knowledge of an individual who signs up here.

It is in many cases pure BS when someone comes down on someone else because he (or she) is "new".

Especially when they don't know anything about them.

It's a discussion-information forum for gods sake, grow up and leave the attitude behind.

I'm finding the site a great resource for info and ideas for my build.

Just have to wade through the crap sometimes. :D

23. nwaringa

nwaringa

I was browsing the Internet and my bullshit detector went off like a back firing old Dodge. I found a bunch of @ssholes circle jerking themselves about some '32 3 windows and chopped Mercs.... figured it was as good a place as any to hang my hat.

24. bigroy

bigroy

I saw a HAMB membership plate on the dash of a 53 ford truck at a cruise in. Got home and did a internet search.

25. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I found it in 2004 while trying to find a way to buy hop up without having to skip school to drive to little dearborn and buy it. I lurked for two years before I nutted up and joined. Rule one of the H.A.M.B is to know something before saying anything... haha

26. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I saw the H.A.M.B. badge on a few nice traditional A-Bones and Deuces out on the Salt during SpeedWeek a few years back, then saw the name showing up a lot in TRJ, and Hot Rod DeLuxe type mags. So I Googled it and joined to get some advice about a '40 Ford Pickup I was selling. Thank you all for protecting me from a Scammer that I had my doubts about.
    Before I registered I read the guidelines, and rules of the game thoroughly and figured this was a good group of people for help, and laughs. The funny part is there are some here that are VERY traditional, and will shun you for a tilt steering column, or an alternator but then drool all over that '51 Kaiser "Dragin'" with the rest of us, and it's sitting on a Caprice Classic Cop Car.
    I've just scratched the surface of all you guys have to offer, and I'll probably join the Alliance soon, if for no other reason, to get that F&%$#@! "FNG" off my masthead. Lookin' forward to swappin' stories, opinions, & knowledge with you all.

27. The_Monster

The_Monster

I was at the Portland Roadster Show years ago checking out a 40's something shoebox (I think) and a voice behind me says, "Watch out, I hear the owner of that car is a real dick!"

Well, it was the owner, Danny. Havent seen him on here in a while, but he was the one who told me about the place. Real glad he did

28. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

I've got friends that are on the Hamb , I lurked for about a year . I'm into 30s 40s and 50s
    rods and kustoms tradition style . Learning alot of stuff from this site, guess I'm here to stay.

29. hillbilly on nitro

hillbilly on nitro
    from USA

Hello-I found this site when it was mentioned on the Classic Funnycar Site.I lurked for close to a year. Mike