Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Hawaiianstyle

Hawaiianstyle

Everytime I Google'd a questions about an old car it led me here.......So I joined. The guys here have more knowledge that anywhere else I have been.

2. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

I live 15 miles from MO-KAN dragway. Been going to the HAMB drags since 2005. My car club attends with about 25 people there every year.

Havoc Bender --looks like you have graduated from FNG to "Newbie"

Lundo

3. WikkedAnghel

WikkedAnghel

Just about the same reason as most of you... heard of the site thru a fellow member as far as who would know best about the couple of cars me and my friends were working on... he underestimated the statement. Pretty much any other information i ever searched for always led me here too. Joining was a no-brainer once i got my own '50.

4. kirby1374

kirby1374

I purchased a model a tudor of of ebay last november and was google searching for part suppliers when the jalopy journal came up. I lurked. I joined. forgot about it for awhile. then plunged into the HAMB. Thanks guys and gals for being here!!

5. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

I was fortunate enough to be invited by people who claimed that this was one of very few message boards for gearheads remaining on the net, where the actual discussion of hot roddin, drag racin' and car related subjects is the PRIORITY, as opposed to the kind of childish, Village People-esque-macho man cyber-bully posturing that's unfortunately become the priority elsewhere in cyberland... I'll admit that at first I was skeptical about signing up here, only because other places have become such cyber kindergarten playgrounds for the dumb, ignorant and naive, but I've been pleasantly surprised since joining The HAMB, this place is really all my friends said it would be and more... This place is just an incredible resource for practically EVERYTHING hot rod related... Plus, I've connected with lots of racers who've I lost touch with over the years, I've managed to touch base with lots of old drag strip friends and acquaintances... AND, I've even met some musician folks who know me from the BIG STICK music thing, it's all good as they say... I now encourage all the gearheads I know who are serious about their love of cars to come aboard The HAMB-- You simply can't lose at this truly great web site... This place is groovy... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

6. SloW8

SloW8
    from Utah - USA

I am a new guy. Found this board through another board that I frequent. It seems that this place has lots of knowledge about stuff that I know nothing about. I plan to stick around and try and learn a few things.

7. Boulderdash

Boulderdash

I like it. I use the search function mostly, because there is soooooooo much stuff on here. I end up spending hours on here, looking at threads and searching for things. Such a great site!

8. Il Bravo

Il Bravo

I had been looking to get an old 50s car to drive around for quite a while (as I haven't had a "classic" car to drive for the better part of a decade, but have always had the desire... and now I have the time and resources). I found the HAMB while doing my research (I can't help it there) and thought I'd join as it would help in that department. I've been amazed at the knowledge here and have used the site quite a lot to help me think through the type/make/model/year/style/shape of car I really want. Once I get "the car" I'll be on here a lot for more leaarning/help and information.

9. BAD

BAD
    from SoDak

Doing some Googling and this site came up a couple of times, and all the threads I looked at were great. I would also like to thank the owner of the site to allow guests to view attached images, some forums don't do that and usually if I see that I just leave.

10. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

My wife's cousin told me about the site. I'm hooked. I'm building a 64 F100 as a sixty's style kustom. It's almost to the paint stage. But in the couple of months that I've been here, I have learned alot. ( I just cant seem to load pictures. Maybe a little help...Pleeeeese) I have found a lot of good people and smart people here that will share their knowledge. I came from a Stock Car Racing background. That didn't happen.:eek: If anyone shared anything with you, it was usualy bullshit. I'm a retied School teacher, and a life long motor head, that is stuck in the 60's. It's like Heaven, in my world:rolleyes:

11. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

Several friends have been mentioning it for years. I lurked occasionally but I didn't really need to post until I started hotting up an old pickup.

12. Babyburr

Babyburr
    from Hurst, TX

I was talking to a guy at the Goodguys Show here in Ft.Worth and he told me this here was a great place to go and get some answers about hot rods and said they knew how to title a kit car as a 1923 ford.
    So, here I am. Lots of knowledge here.

13. NiceFloor

NiceFloor
    from Albany, NY

I hired a guy to work for me as a fabricator and he used to work for Tucci's in Utica. he told me about the HAMB when I started a F-1 build.....since then my uncle, Dad and a few other friends joined.....I guess its like any other social networking site. If its good, people talk.

14. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

I found this site while searching for Idea's for my 47 chrysler. This site has a ton of talented people with great info and idea's. I will be hanging around for a while and asking all sort of ?'s.

15. milner142790

milner142790

I bought a 53 desoto limousine, and my dad was telling me about the Hokey Ass Message Board so i looked for it..... I lurked around on here for probably 3 months until i joined... bought some H.A.M.B. stuff like calander and key fobs... I will be joining the alliance shortly ( figured that i can contribute to this site since they have helped me TONS!!!)

16. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

A freind of mine kept telling me about all the a&&holes on here who were beating up on him all the time about his ride so I thought I might as well join ya!

17. fireball 500

fireball 500

I too lurked around for awhile and used the site to buy a few cars and parts, most my club guys are on lots , so i plan on useing it more

18. banditomerc

banditomerc

A young fart mentioned it to me(old fart,50)

19. A dirty old one legged bum hopping along with his shopping cart down in Oceanside California told me about the HAMB. He sits under the overpass drinking Jim Beam and eating twinkies while telling old drag race stories from the 60's. For $5.00 he will read your palm, but it's another $10.00 to get the answer from him.

The HAMB has been my number one place to search for information and car parts ever since. I'm not sure if that bum is still alive but I'm buying a shot of Beam in his memory the next time I go to the bar.

Chop

20. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

a couple of guys in the marauders are on here and turned me on to it.

21. vernmotor

vernmotor
    from ohio

Someone posted over at moparts.com...I am 52 and my Dad had allot of old hot rods..I got some pics somewhere..I always wanted a old 30-40 mopars. I own a 66 coronet and a 67 dart. I really started out here reading about metal work...More I read the longer I stay..I been on here every day now for 3 weeks....I really need to work on my shit ..not sit here and read all day ! dam you guys anyhow! :)

22. YukonCor55

YukonCor55

A friend told me about this place and I lurked around for awhile. It's everything I like in one place so I decided to join!

23. Jordster

Jordster

x2!!

24. wolfman52

wolfman52

I found the site while working on the sons model A.I was searching for flathead info and came across this.I was just viewing posts and finding the info we needed.I just joined in this year before we went to the hunnert car pileup.

25. tdog

tdog
    from Omaha, NE

Found it doing google searches and came across some great info. I plan on staying for awhile.

26. chris shu

chris shu
    from Atlanta Ga

I kept linking here from thesamba and volksrods...and got hooked ...great threads and knowledgable people..thanks to all

27. So Cal Greg

So Cal Greg

I've known about the HAMB for years. Mostly people would see my 34 and talk to me about it. Sometimes I would see people at Famoso or El Mirage and they would encourage me to join. Those 6 cylinder rail jobs having more fun than anyone at the drags!!! I have been friends with many guys on the HAMB for years, but I hate computers and never joined.
    Kiwi Kev and I are chopping the top of my car now and he was posting pics. That was the final push for me to join and view the comments on the chop.
    I'll be sticking around once I get this figured out. Thanks for having me.

Greg

28. budrow

budrow

I found the HAMB when I needed info. on a project I was stuck on. Didn't take me long to sighn up. Its on my faverent list and I ck in every day to see whats new. I feel welcome here. Thanks. budrow out

29. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

and your real name is richard cranium??????????

30. brumm

brumm
    from Central IL

Google Man! I was hunting for a rear bumper for my 64 Olds Cutlass Vertible, and some thread showed up....been freakin hooked ever since, even have to view it on my iphone now and then.....addicting man