Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. i'm an fng. i'm restoring a 37 chevy stake truck,68 bronco and a 70 f250 ford sold my 65 mustang. a 1938 knuckle, 1938 uh, 1938chief, 1941 servi-car,1952fl, 1948s, 1960 st, 1972 fx and found the hamb thru jockey journal. i was hoping to get some help here and not try to put my foot in my mouth and try to be productive. i'm getting the impression that i'm looked down on. we all have to start somewhere. in my intro i mention that i have been into motors all my life. and i did read the "read this part first". if i may without seeming dissrespectful, not a very good first impression.:confused:

2. adamshumard

adamshumard

Heard it mentioned on the OSR Forum. got tired of the pricks over there so I ended up here.

3. wallace

wallace

I found this place trying to google parts for my car ran into some of the forums and joined. I did have a hate for this site at first Id try to find a desoto grill or bumper click on a site aand it would be yall talking about trying to find the same fucking thing I was. Finally I gave in and started reading the forums and got hooked.

4. voodooblackcat

voodooblackcat
    from Pacheco

Gunar Haskens turned me on to it and it's been a great place to soak up knowledge..............and a little B.S.

5. Empatho

Empatho
    from San Diego

I was searching google for classic cars and that's when I found the HAMB, and I'm glad I did.

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I had been here before lurking and my uncle Povertyflats told me I should come back and join up. Glad I did.

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

it isnt that dufus gordon is it????????:D

8. my47soto

my47soto

Joel Torres introduced me to the HAMB when I was over at P15-D24 getting dogged out for wanting to know if anyone had ever bagged a '48 DeSoto. I have been in heaven ever since:D, thank goodness for the HAMB now I will never have a savings account. LOL

9. RAR1947

RAR1947
    from Minnesota

I've known about this site for many years. Heard about it from people at car shows and the P15 D24 forum. Never joined though, just lurked. Finally did a few months ago. Don't have much to say right now as I'm in the military and deployed overseas. I picked up a 27 Model T with a 6" chop while I was completing our train up for the deployment. Will probably have more questions when I get back as I'm wanting to channel it. For now this site is great for knowledge, ideas and dreaming until the day I can get home and work on it. Also have a 1947 Plymouth Business Coupe: lowered, rebuilt Flathead 6 with split intake and exhaust.

10. DM

DM

I was Googling some flathead info I think, and here I am.

11. I used to be an avid member on volksrods.com and some of the members said good stuff about you guys so I visited and you guys convinced me to sell my vw and pick up my '50 Dodge... no lookin back now

12. BluesDevil

BluesDevil

i'm a total newbie on the site. i found it a couple weeks back while searching google images of the sportsdrome speedway and the old fairgrounds speedway.

i had 2 medium sized boxes of old local racing photos that were destroyed in a house fire and finding this site at least helped me replace some of the drivers/cars that i had. my dad and grandfather were always taking me to one of the two tracks back in the day so i have many, many fond memories.

i enjoy all of the pics you guys post, keep em' coming:)

13. 383 240z

383 240z

I was hanging out at the local speed shop with a hoodlum buddy of mine and he was shoing me somthing in TRJ and I saw a mention of the H.A.M.B. next time I was on my PC I looked it up, funny thing was I was on the Ryan's Garage Journal for a year before I ended up in here. I spent about a year after I posted my hello post before I posted to a thread I have to admit I'm pretty good at what I do with my tools, but here I am nothing more than a kid running wrenches for the real builders. long live the HAMB. Keith

14. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

I found this site through one of the guys at the classicoldsmobile who is a member here and knew I wall looking for an Olds build project, he spotted my 48 in the for sale adds. I bought the car and drug it home from Oklahoma now it has joined my 57 in the garage and I am in the process of building it. Great info here but I still can't find a set of bench seats. Yes thats me whinning a little

15. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Fellow HAMBer bought some Ford shoe box fenders on the "bay" and when he came over to retrieve them he saw all my junk and turned me on to the message board!

16. confederate

confederate

I followed a link from another board to the "model car sunday" thread. I looked around and liked what I saw. I dont have a car that's HAMB friendly right now, my land yacht is only 32 years old, but by next spring I hope to have found an old truck to build.

17. madpiper

madpiper

seen references of this site on volksrods.com so i came here to see it for myself.

18. redsteely

redsteely
    from Phoenix az

The guys at my old job told me about this place, and i love it. I will be an active member from here on out. The H.A.M.B has helped me get two of my dream cars. I look forward to finding time every day to hop on here and see whats going on and post up what Im doing in the garage.

Thanks Ryan

19. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Some friends kept telling me to visit the site, so I finally did as I was told (Not something I usually do) and decided to hang around and see if I could stay out of trouble, being a FNG, I couldn't. I'm here to stay, I like the cross section of people.

20. I found it on a search about lowering my '58 (thanks, all you F-100 nuts, for all the info). This site kicks all kinds of ass. I've learned a hell of a lot and it's nice to find a refuge from the Mulletbillet Crowd. A lot of the posts have made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes, like the one about "best pranks." Funny shit.

21. long island vic

long island vic

punched in huge ass melon babs and this came up,,,go figure

22. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

I have no idea how I found the HAMB. Google maybe...................anyhow I like the site I just don't post all that often.

23. GreenMonster

GreenMonster

Looking for info on the alter boys jalopy jamboree...

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Found some photos of one of my old cars on here. Had to become a member to ask the new owner about it. He never responded, but I found a good spot.

25. William Engwer

William Engwer

I found the site when I was looking for answers on one project or another. The people here know a lot, have done a lot, but me, I'd rather be working on a car in the shop than sitting behind this damned keyboard. Guess I'll be a FNG forever.

26. vents

vents

Heard about this from Bob Galbraith at Newport Engineering some time ago, but didn't have the time to spend on it then. Now i'm on till my eyes start to bleed. I'm a FNG here but the only thing new about me is the noise my knees make when i get up in the morning! A big thanks to the guys who post pics from stuff like the HCPU, HAMB Drags, Bonneville,the Nationals, etc. With money and time being tight not all of us get to go so again thank you.

27. I recently ran into an old friend I hadn't seen for a while. He had just come back from having a blast at the HAMB drags & after seeing my old Dodge, asked why I wasn't on the HAMB. My brilliant reply, uh, I dunno.
    I took a look around, & found a lot of guys (& gals) who build & DRIVE the kind of cars & trucks that I aspire to own. So I've finally joined up & have been doing my best to be a "good FNG"

28. Pingar

Pingar

I've seen links to jalopy journal's main page and looked at the main page. I glanced into the forums once before. Then I was on Google looking for a new Hot Rod forum and I stumbled on this one again. Decided to check it out and here I am searching around. I'm liking it a lot more than the others ones I'm on.

29. freebird101

freebird101

well, I had searched in pics or cars on gooogle and the hAMB came up, so back in Febuary I joined up just to see a little more of this so called HAMB.

30. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Good friend kept talking about the 'HAM" (so I thought) website and then the upcoming Drags on Labor Day weekend near Joplin, MO........went to the Drags, was very impressed and went to the website and joined.......Here I Am!......and love it ............