Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. A really good friend of mine said have you looked on the HAMB. When I did I was hooked, can't thank him enough.

2. spot

spot
    from usa

someone posted a link on another board I frequent and I've been addicted since.

3. steves74

steves74

Whats FNG stand for...? Is it "F"ing New Guy?

I found it reference in another automobile site.

4. I am always doing research and this place as well as others is a wealth of knowledge............ so it was a natural to find this place and decide to stay, don't post a lot do more reading..........

5. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Found it on KB (some thread where HAMBers and KBs were going at it), found KB looking for door handles for my '28 Buick. I've been out of the scene for several years (I restore mostly old military vehicles) and was surprised to see all these different "rods" and the touchiness of those in each genre. When I first got into it everything was a hot rod.

Now I have no idea what mine is, my two year old grandaughter calls it "Old Car"...works for me.

[​IMG]

6. Mac_55

Mac_55

Was taking a piss at a dive of a truckstop off the interstate , It said " For a good time " and then had this web adress . DIdnt find any hookers , well of the female type anyways , but have been have a good time browsing ever since lol.

7. Mac_55

Mac_55

Heck , i just noticed ive made it to Grenade Inspector status lol . I still thought i was an fng.

8. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

I found it on racingjunk.com

9. A friend of mine told me about the HAMB years ago. I checked it out and sent a pic of my '54 to Ryan and he posted it on the original Jalopy Journal. I registered on the HAMB as SixAppeal when it was still in it's original format. At the time, I didn't post much at all because it was a pretty rough crowd to gain acceptance with. They would tear up an FNG just for being one. I got away from it, then came back to it a year or two later. I don't get on much anymore because I'm busy in the garage. One thing I have observed is the posts seem to go in cycles. How many times have you seen an FNG told to use the search function? A possible reason for so many more people here now is the coverage. Try and flip through your favorite hot rod rag and not find some mention of the HAMB. It's definitely a bigger place than it was a couple years ago. The HAMB is still a great place to find information about most everything hot rod related.

10. LEE 01

LEE 01
    from illinois

google search for stuff. this site always came up. Mainly do a lot of reading on here. cool place.

11. luis.garza

luis.garza

I was looking for some parts for my '51 2dr and found the HAMB through Google... been hooked ever since! Great site!

12. Diavolo

Diavolo

Googled some stuff on generators and flatheads, or general work on flathead stuff and this place kept coming up. Sounded like a good place to find knowledge on things I like, so I signed up.

13. Still_Rodding

Still_Rodding

I found it using Google, while researching an undocumented 31 Ford Roadster I recently bought.

I'll be around for a good while.

14. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

This guy named B.A. King turned me onto it.....met him at a car show several years ago, damn nice guy.....

15. crashgravis

crashgravis

everytime i searched for parts on the net i kept seeing this site called the HAMB . one day i decided to click on it and i have been hooked every since . i spend anywhere from 2-3 hours each and every night on here either searching the parts section or reading the post's . sometimes i even post a reply ..........i will be staying .:D

16. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did a Google search for a vintage tandem and found a listing from UncleScooby and after we met and I bought the tandem he took me to GMCBubba for Wednight Hotrod and I have been going ever since.

17. From my Son!!

I'll stay as long as it's fun or until someone turns the lights on.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  18. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

I actually landed here after i painted a few friends diggers along with some 32 33 34 fords , dont own a traditional anything but follow the drag and open wheel pages . being in the restoration business this site keeps me close to the pre 66 cars . as others have posted i to have interest in cars in general so i lurk mostly .

19. oldsmobender

oldsmobender

Found the Jalopy Journal Site while searching the internet back in high school in about '01 or '02 when I was heavy into traditional hot rods because it was one of the few sites focusing on that style. Never looked at the HAMB message board though. I realized how much money it costs to buy even a trashed old body on a part time fast food job so my dreams of a hot rod gradually faded. I went to the KKOA show in Salina, KS last summer. I'd have to say it was the best car show I've been to in a long time. Most of my favorite cars at the show were HAMB members' cars so I thought I should come check this place out again. I plan on staying and contributing where I can and hopefully some day I'll have the space and fundage for a project of my own.

20. My bud "tltony" Said you gotta check this out. So I did. It be cooool
    Fuzzy

21. *nick*

*nick*

i found the Jockey Journal and was very happy on there for a month or two then stumbled from a link there to a HAMB'ers XS650 bobber build here, at the time i was still new to hot rodding but i've learnt a pile just reading through here, for me the HAMB is a great referance point and a never ending supply of inspiration.

22. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

It was a link on the the old Hobby Heaven bulletin board that brought me here. "Old Dragger", one of the regulars there was always posting great vintage drag racing pics and credited the HAMB as the source. After lurking for a while, I decided to join up.

23. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

I was doing a search on custom 49-51 Mercurys and stumbled across the sight

24. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

I think I was doing a Google Search about something and happened across the site. This was several years ago. I have visited every so often for a while then I started reading stuff regularly. I finally decided to join like last month. Not sure why I waited to so long to sign up.

I've been messing with cars for 25 years but I have switched gears from drag racing and mid to late 60's cars to older ones in the last few years and I found myself here more and more.

25. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Google Search about 5 years ago, didnt register until I needed something for my 34 Ford. The HAMB has saved me alot of time and money because of the good people and the many documented "Lessons Learned"

26. badsco

badsco

Google kept bringing me here when searching for info and solutions to projects I was working on. Figured it was a good place to learn something, made a few posts looking for info and got everything I needed in a couple days. Find everyone very helpful, it's good to get a few different opinions and ways to tackle things, and so far haven't been flamed for breaking the rules.....!

27. teisco

teisco

Was recommended by an old hot rodder,,,he said, " read and learn but don't post unless your skin is thicker than a Buick fender"

28. ol'e bob

ol'e bob

Saw it on the F. T. E. site. I think it was Havi that posted about it.

29. alaskanford

alaskanford

found it when a friend posted my pu and told me to go see it, post was called "stock or not". been playing with cars for over 50 years. hope to have another 50.

30. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Kept coming across it on searches, haven't been able to stay away since.