Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I found the H.A.M.B. during a google search on the "pork chop special" I was going to build one like it but using a later chassis. BUT I have seen the light and now know what I was planning was stupid, so my late chassis is for sale and I'm on the scrounge for as many "Trad" parts as I can find, but I'm tellin ya it's not easy down here in NZ and what is around either aint cheap or the're not for sale.
    I'll be around for quite some time but I'm not going to be a serial "nice", "shit" or "welcome FNG" poster. If I can contribute I will, Thanks.

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

A friend told me about it.Now Im telling many friends about it. This place is great.

3. Well,
    I bought my Shoebox in early 2005. I immediately started researching flathead and suspension info, and that's when I found the HAMB.
    Because this site didn't seem to tolerate stupid questions, I asked them somewhere else. I waited a while to actually sign up because I didn't feel salty enough. But I still loved the knowledge and pictures I found here. They have been extremely inspirational and technically helpful. I love this shit, truly, and that's why I'm here.

And to the old HAMBers, with all the knowledge... thanks a ton for sharing.

4. oldsman71

oldsman71

:D sorry ive been gone a while! been working on my buddys
    50 sedan delivery with a 84 impala frame and floorpan
    (the factory stuff rotted away) hope to have pics soon
    also a sbc powered 53 chevy (original powerglide car)
    fixing other peoples screw ups.:mad: :D got to
    drive his 41 chevy yesterday its kinda neat chugging along
    with the old six and 3 speed. I would kinda like to
    re-build something like that one of these days!!! hot rods
    rule!!!!!

5. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

TRJ and friends caused me to finally take up space here. Thank you to the people that make this board such a fun place to waste time and get schooled.

6. white64

white64
    from Maine

Found it doing a search on google looking for 38 plymouth stuff.. this is what ive done so far based on what I've found here::
    How many leaves to take out of the springs front and back
    old daddy parts
    t5 swap info and which t5 to use
    which rear end to use
    found out about langdons stovebolt here and smithys mufflers
    how to paint a checker board on my firewall
    moving the front shock mounts

whenever I have a question, I come here first.

w

7. chopz56

chopz56

Friends told me about this site about 4yrs.ago and i have been more of a lurker than anything until recently because i got laid off and now have time to get involved and also i just recently figured out how to use the system i.e.posting and uploading pics and pm'ing,i no that sounds a little like a cop out but it's true!So here i am now loud and proud and you better get use to seeing my name cause i aint going anywhere,i have been to alot of events and meet and greets but have always been very low key!

8. I had heard about the HAMB many times over the years at various car shows etc.
    Never had anything worthy of the site until a few years back,I got the VW's out my system and bought a 'proper' motor!
    A 1950 Chevy 3100 pick 'em up.
    I was invited to join by a fellow AD Trucker.
    Since then I aint looked back!
    Great site!

9. corsair

corsair

I found this place when I started searching for info about my Edsel after I picked it up. As you can imagine, there ain't much out there. Threads from HAMB started floating up on google when I went scouting around the nets.

10. well i have always loved hot rods, but for awhile i couldn't stand all the chrome, trailer queens, and rich guys that drop a car off at a shop and leave their credit card and say "call me when it's done," that was seemingly becoming the norm.. Then a couple of years ago i started reading some traditional hot rod mags that were coming out and thought, "finally some like minded people," so it kinda got me back into rods.. then i decided to build one and i had heard that the tech articles and people on here had alot of wisdom to share.. been pretty tru thus far and I have met alot of great people on here.. so i'm stayin..

11. Lightning 55

Lightning 55

I have lurked the board off and on for a few years when I am scratching my head on something and looking to see if someone else has run into the same things or not with my long term project (which is in the heavy fabrication stages now). I recently bought a '55 Bel Air (driver+ quality) and decided to sign up and contribute / ask questions while I sort this beast out. I plan on staying...and I love traditional cars!

12. 440scout

440scout
    from reno nv

OL SKOOL RODZ.
    i will be staying.

13. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Heard about the Hamb some time ago but only recently got my first computer!Tech stuff is great and deals with my type of cars.I'll be here for ever!

14. I've known about the HAMB for a couple of years. Recently went to the Detroit Autorama with a bunch of friends (check my friends list) and was educated about the HAMB...When I got home I really checked it out and found out how great it was...end of story. I joined last month as an FNG...Now I'm a Newbie....LOL...Great site, I'm glad to be here...you guys and gals ROCK!!

Murph:)

15. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Originally found out about the HAMB reading TRJ years ago. There are some interesting people here with lots of info and as long as one stays away from the sh*tstiring and doesn't post anything stupid, seeking info will not be a problem. My goal is to get to 1000 posts and still be an FNG.

16. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Just made 51 posts and i became a Newbie. Nooooooo.....why..why...
    Return me to my previous life,this intance. I'm all about titles, respect that.

help..help..help..hel..p..

17. Heywood65

Heywood65
    from Central Pa

I was looking for fed info and found the hamb...what a great sorce of pics and info

18. Magic

Magic

Lost in space and stumbled in,..no wait that was last weekend.

actually lots of customers recomended the HAMB and plan on hanging for the duration tons of great people and more knowledge than a set of encyclopedias, and to balance things out good supply of B.S. and drama for a great well rounded disfunctial community. Wouldn't haveit any other way.

I do have a question....

I just made newbie a few days ago and now I am down to 33 post. Guess It is a apprentice thing and gotta pay the dues. Oh well any HAMB members needing any of my services 20% to any victim of our madness.

Later..

19. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Talkin shop with a bunch of hotrodders at a swap meet/show in the Chicago area. Everybody kept bringing up the HAMB board;....checked it out, got hooked, discarded all that was left of my billet, and this is my 1000th post! The rest, as they say, was history!

20. mackster

mackster

Dont worry, you willl be a grenade inspector soon...:)

21. LOL-Weeks

22. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

Ol' Skool Rodz for me too. I only go there to check the classifieds every great once in a while now. Much more info on here to spark my interests!

23. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

I've found tha H.A.M.B gOOgling for "392 HEMI". I think there is no better reason...

24. bobjob55

bobjob55

... i found it while looking for chopped '48 dodges at hot rodders bulletin board...glad to find this site...

25. DJR13

DJR13
    from Venice, Ca

In the back of Juggs magazine.

26. Kerry67

Kerry67

Not a new guy at all anymore but I don't remember how I found this place..........

27. cJared3b

cJared3b

I guess my brother(TexasHardcore) got tired of answering my questions and sent me here. Theirs nothing better than reading tech archives and write-ups while Im bored at work.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  28. shoestring

shoestring

I was hunting for information on Y blocks.

29. FoMoCoDude

FoMoCoDude

How I found the HAMB... One of the HAMB members, Rocky (same as moderator?), did a segment on My Classic Car tv show a year or more ago, or at least that's when I saw it. Had a gorgeous 61 or 62 Chrysler, astrodome dash, lowered, red with a flaked top. he mentioned the HAMB, so I checked it out. been in to classics for awhile, but always admired rods and customs; i do well with factory stuff, but not much of a fabricator yet. bought a 59 buick from another hamber a few months after I joined. always looking to gain knowledge, find parts, buy and sell old cars. this is an awesome site.

30. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

I found it just seraching for parts - the Cad tri power intake to be exact. And yes, I did read the "read this part" first. So FNG's are the greenhorns here, but I'm pretty sure everyone was at one time. I hate to hear that founders and grumpy ol' f'ers are leaving as I believe everybody can learn something from anybody.