Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Greg_H

Greg_H
    from Enid, OK

A web search for Carter Weber dual carb setups on stovebolt engine brought me here. Much to digest after that. Thanks!

2. mackster

mackster

For ALL the FNGs. This place is just like High School. Some will not be cool and some cool people are dicks. If you decide to use a new term over use lately by E-gay and other websites to make it sound cool (Rat Rodz or Rust Rodz or others with lots of Z) it will land you in hot water. building it on a limited budget, and with spare parts do not make it a rat. if you purposely go and buy signs to make it look Kool then it is a rat. Ratz are not cool, if you decide to stay on the fence on this is ok. just know where we all stand. . .:)

3. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Listen up Bloke! My Avatar is a photograph I took of a 1932 Ford, while I was riding shotgun in a 1932 Ford! You can go tongue kiss an Aborigine on top of Ayers Rock, you Didjeridu playing half Englishman. What the heck is X38? Oh! I know what X38 is. It is the code name your friends use for you when you guys all get together and pretend you are Mad Max. Go choke on a shrimp you just pulled off the barbie... Just kidding bro, God bess ya! Be safe, have fun, and go chase some of those fine ass Aborigine women!

4. What's the HAMB?

5. UncleJoey

UncleJoey

I've known about the HAMB for a few years, but with dial-up it was agonizing. Now that I have suedo-high speed I'm glad to be able to read and participate. Out of all the guys I grew up with, I'm the only real gear head. The HAMB gives me a chance to hear what other like minded cats are up to outside of my local area. Not that I need encouragement with my own projects, but it certainly helps the drive to get it done and post it among the other HAMBers.

6. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

I've been here since '05. You could say I lurk.

7. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

I've been building a '55 gasser & everytime I went lookin for a how to or whatever, I'd do a google search and it seemed like Shakey Puddin or the H.A.M.B would come up.---Go figure--- So I'm here, Buildin & Lurkin.

8. You are quite the wordsmith.

9. dakotajayne

dakotajayne
    from 3c1

Looking for t-5 data! Now im building a '26 lakes modified because of this site.

10. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

And you my friend must have a good sense of humor. So I say to you, God bless you Sir. You made me laugh today.
    Send me some photographs of your car bro.

11. Ravenwood

Ravenwood
    from Texas

I was shielding my eyes from the sun with a fist full of a shiny can from Bill's cooler, grimacing at the rear spoiler he'd botch welded onto the Mustang. Two more cans, I figured, and maybe I could view the travesty without barfing. I had to say something; he was expecting that, so I changed the topic, asked what would occupy his time with Hillary off playing Secretary of whatever. He said he was finished with the Stang--heavens, I hope so! Next up, he would build a Bonneville style '27 T roadster.

"Yeah, right!"

"No," he says, "I'm serious."

"You and who else?" I ask.

"Me and Ham," he comes right back.

"Ham Jordan?" I didn't have the heart to remind him that fine soul had passed. So I played along. "Ham? Wasn't he Carter's stablemate."

He was noticeably agitated. "He don't know diddly about '27 roadsters!"

"Ham?"

"No, Carter. And it isn't Ham, it's HAMB, doofus!" He waved the Secret Service to whisk me away, and they did. But not before I had him spell out HAMB so that I could find it in Google.

12. RustBucket49

RustBucket49
    from Texas

My "sorry ass" would have responded sooner, but I was actually out working on my POS.... Out of surgery?? - geez, nice comment.... Car guys just need to call them like they see them - if it's a rat, it's a rat. If it's a sweet ride that a guy has polished up and looks killer, then it's a killer ride. Hell I'd take either one of them if they run and are fun !!!! What numb nuts would go around and tell EVERY car owner they have a rat rod as you suggest??? Not me - but the guys who have the rats are probably just as proud as the guy who has the $60,000 '55 Chevy. If I were to make The Round Up, I would be courteous enough to respect each ride for what it is because I am a car guy - I was out watching the Outlaw sprint cars tonight - very sweet, I'm sure you were doing something car related too ?? Well, at least this nonsense offers some extra entertainment.... And thanks for driving your ride to Texas and not bringing a trailer queen - I trust you built every bit of it yourself - post some pictures Krooser so us car guys can view your handy work.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  13. Goofin' around on the net lookin at pictures of cars and such...spotted an engine bay shot with a firewall tag...tag reads HAMB...goofed around more, googled HAMB...Im still here...lurked a few years, joined in 08, lurked some more then threw myself 'in the mix' via the intro a day or so ago...lovin life.:D

2ndchance

14. I was looking for "Gassers" for sale and the HAMB cars for sale came up

15. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

The cats in the club kept talkin about the HAMB and how there were answers to so many questions I had about my 49 on here, so I started snooping around. I honestly thought traditional hot rodding was dying or lost before I started browsing these pages. Since then, I hop on here daily to read articles and find parts. It's a hell of alot easier to find information on these old sleds than I originally thought thanks to the HAMB.

16. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Come on Docc, you have seen the crowd over at "Little Anthony's"? It is pathetic and you know it. Guys with automatic transmissions, yet they have tachometers the size of dinner plates mounted to the dash of their stupid 5.0 "Lamestang"! And they have the nerve to call it a Hot-Rod! That shit exist here in Tucson, in the MAJORITY I might add.

17. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

OK Docc, here are just a few specific examples of things I have actually seen with my own two eyes in "Tucson's Sad Ass Hot Rod scene": 1.) A single piece of sheet metal cut into the shape of a quick change rear end and fixed to the rear differential to make it appear as such. 2.) A "finished" fiberglass Deuce roadster running a small block Chevy and a tri-power with only the center carburetor hooked up. 3.) A T-Bucket with neon light ground effects and "Sabar Shriner" medallions adhered to the body. They are out there Docc, in groves I can assure you. I am pretty sure most people on the H.A.M.B. would say the above-mentioned examples validate my previous post.
    P.S. The gaudy Aztec Warrior paint job, oh it's out there Docc, and there are several versions of it! Be careful Docc, seeing some shit like that can change a man. I had to sleep with the light on for a month!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  18. driversroad

driversroad

i subscribed to rodders journal and saw a mention of jalopy journal, visited and liked what I saw and read but did not register. I bought a 66 rambler convertible, that I have no plans of restoring but wanna have some fun with.

The rambler is not really hamb material but I think it's cool and will have to do till I do a tracker or lakester styled 30ish roadster.

Really like all the old photos that everyone shares.

19. hyperfe

hyperfe

Was looking for a new way to cook HAMBURGER one day and only got to HAMB before my finger slipped and hit the enter key. Been around ever since, lots of good stuff here and plenty of funny shit.

20. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Curly
    The stuff I don't like I just don't notice. Hotrod Buddism..
    If I don't mind..it don't matter..

Like my PM.. 60 very classy rods in front of my house this morning,,and several vintage CanAm Lolas..and not a Aztec..or stuffed doll anywhere :)

I just got in from Little Anthony's..lots of nice metal tonight. It's more of a cruise in..I really don't enter shows...but you must enter to park away from all the SUV..Vans..and stuff

I have never been nice enough to actually care about others peoples cars..
    Mind over matter..
    If I don't mind..it don't matter..

There are enough folks who don't like my stuff..which is OK by me..cause..it never made a differnce..and never will.
    Hell is other people..:)

21. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

22. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Free Natural Gas..

23. BigDfromthe303

BigDfromthe303

"Fairly new guy" or for those non PC "Fucking new guy!"

24. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I am shocked I tell you..shocked..!;)

25. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

I found it through Pontiaczone.com

Here to stay, but traditional cars isn't the only style I like. I'm also into '64-'67 GTO/Tempest/LeMans and '67 - '69 Firebirds

I'm not into the big wheels, the Pro touring thing, late model engine swaps, tons of billet, etc.

Just old school hot rods that I grew up around.

26. Davidb

Davidb

I followed a link from www.pirate4x4.com/ to a guy's build thread on here. I was impressed by the car and started reading some of the threads here. Now I'm hooked.

27. francos55

francos55
    from Dago

One of the cats from Team Buick sent me a link to the HAMB regarding a part I was looking for for my Buick.

28. kjohnson

kjohnson

I was looking up info on chopping a top on a f1 Ford and got directed to the H.A.M.B. Good stuff. I don't post much but I am grateful for the people who do.

29. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

I found it a bit intimidating at first, but no so bad when you get used to it:)

30. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Ive been painting ,lettering and striping hotrods ans racecars for over thirty-five years ,so I guess it's good to be a "new guy " at something. If that's the worst thing I'm called , life's not too bad !