Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

I was just surfing for info on fitting Buick brakes, found that and a lot more

2. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

What the ---- is FNG ? I stumbled upon the Jockey Journal first..then the Jalopy Journal..then the HAMB. & just like alot of others..I`ve been lurking for along time... ..getting ideas, etc.. Still dont know what FNG or BTTT is supposed to mean..
    someone please !.....enlighten me

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I think you are very very confused. You have not a single clue.

4. RustBucket49

RustBucket49
    from Texas

I was being sarcastic, numby. Half the guys on here have POS rides right now (mine ain't even running yet) that would theoretically classify as rat rods at the present time - yet mention the "R" word and you get your nuts handed to you because they aren't "traditional hot rods"... The confusion lies elsewhere.... HAMB is a great place - just too many f-bombs to be family friendly.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  5. Text message lingo, the "New English".
    BTTT is a short cut for people who spend lots of time on forums, it means
    "Bump To The Top." and is used to keep threads like this on the first page of the forum. It's very effective, don't you think?

FNG? I haven't an FNG clue either...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  6. "F" bombs, I posted at the same time as you and then read what you said about this. I agree with your feelings regarding family friendly. No hard feelings?

BTW, I found the H.A.M.B. through a member and fellow artist in Omaha. He told me about the Friday Art Show and I was hooked. The language may get rough but the fellowship is, for the most part, great. Lots of talented folks from every element of auto
    crafting jion here and most of these folk are "hands on" builders, fabricators, mechanics, painters, blueprinter, Blah, Blah, Blah, with greasy busted knuckle, as it should be, Rat Rod or traditional or whAT EVER...

(BTW= BY THE WAY.)

7. RustBucket49

RustBucket49
    from Texas

Heck no, no hard feelings. I was just "expressing myself". HAMB has bunch of great people who are obviously at times passionate about their hobby (or occupation perhaps)... I'm pretty thick skinned - just could use less f-bombs. Have a freaking fabulous day - I'm going to a rod show 2-nite somewhere to see a rat rod and probably countless 55-57 Chevies and '32 Ford 5 windows. !!

BTW - I really found HAMB on 50Chevy.com... So does anyone know if that website is inactive now?? Haven't seen a post by Aaron in about 9 months or so.... ??

8. krooser

krooser

FNG.... Fairly New Guy (or F##kin New Guy... your choice)

BTTT... Back To the Top

FWIW....

9. Charlie Jones

Charlie Jones
    from Apopka FL.

I LOVE this forum. I've never been on a forum this active before. TMI (too much information...almost)
    I found it on a Pontiac forum sponsored by Performance Years.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Try a frigging emoticon then. :eek: There are to many idiots that wander in here with that exact attitude. If you can't fathom the difference then you need to freakin' find a friendly face to have a long talk about it with.

Actually it predates the text messaging craze, and is an internet thing from usenet and the early message boards. The bad thing is that kids are using it in real papers in school.

11. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

I found the number on the bathroom wall! For a good time call!

But really!

Heard about it from a couple of guys in my Model Car Club and at the Drags. Lurked for a while until I saw a question I could answer and jumped in.

I think having lurked first taught me what not to do and lessened the severity of my flamings!

12. American Hellbilly

American Hellbilly
    from Seymour,IN

I heard about the HAMB through the OSR message board, came over to check it out and know I rarely go back to the OSR site.

13. How'd I find the hamb? I kept noticing window decals in all of the cool cars!!!!!!
    Iv'e turned plenty of people onto the hamb, which they all thoroughly enjoy,
    Now I just have to find decals to put in all of my cars windows, The cars that have windows that is!!!!!!!!

14. I refer to my cars as Rust Rods, I think that includes and implies the POS state of being that they are in.

15. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Quite a few Tucson guys on here..no Aztec warriors though..

We seem to hang around different places..

16. Abeblinkin

Abeblinkin
    from Denver

I found the site through the jockey journal. Ive been reading through the information for over a year now but only just signed up. I haven't been lucky to own many cars in my life but recently I saved up enough money to maybe get a truck or van to practice and learn on. I found over at the jockey journal a lot of guys want to start out choppin a knuckle instead of learning on say a yamaha or something. I won't be posting much because I don't know much, I'm hear to learn and I was always told "you have two ears and one mouth, use accordingly" But being this is a FNG thread and I'm an FNG, Hello and I'm here to stay. As far as some of the more knowledgeable high post count guys leaving I noticed this was happening over at jockey journal as well my guess is the older guys with all the knowledge to pass on get sick of the drama and online mud slinging that sometimes plague these boards and they stop coming back.

17. RustBucket49

RustBucket49
    from Texas

Z, I agree w/ you on the attitude thing. Screw the emoticrap things though.... The attitude is from the guys who hammer people for mentioning a low dollar, but safe and properly engineered, fun ride (a.k.a. - rat rod by some definitions). My idea of a rat may not be the same as the HAMB-approved definition - my apology. It's these fellow "friendly" farts that need to check the freaking attitudes - not the guys who are looking for advice or trying to learn - regardless of the type of ride they are fooling with. Perhaps the "Rust Rod" approach would be more applicable, 10-4 ?? Long Live the HAMB, and Rat Rods Rule, websites..........

18. Texas-Greaser

Texas-Greaser
    from EAST PLANO

Abeblinkin: You took the words right out of my mouth! Two ears, One mouth! I found the HAMB via the Jockey Journal as well. I've been lurking on the HAMB since 05...My participation was lacking cause I'm broke as can be, and I aint smart enough to contribute just yet. It's hard too look at all this amizing history, knowledge, and craftmanship but know you cant afford to participate(yet!). So I then forgot my password and login and had to get a new one. Doing my best to keep up. and be a contributing informed member of this community. I look foreward to meeting somne more of you in the real world! - Texas-Greaser

19. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Chuck Norris mentioned it to me! Chuck Norris knows everything!

20. Someone found a picture of me on here two years ago when I raced around the track at the Jalopy Showdown. They had sent it to me on myspace. So I started lurking and then decided to join. There is some great people on here and I love reading all of the posts. You can get some great information and find some obscure stuff to either buy or just look at. I think I will stay. I have actually been able to find people I have met at other car events and swap meets.

21. RichG

RichG

I was cleaning up after the Great '07 flood and found a hobo's shopping cart that had washed into my driveway. On the front of the cart was a Hamb tag, I got worried that the homeless were starting to get organized for a revolution, so I googled "HAMB", and here I am, now one of the homeless, shiftless, internet addicted masses. Good stuff.

22. Dantana

Dantana
    from San Diego

I found through the Los Boulevardos site when I was looking for a car to build. then i discovered a few people I know are on here. I don't post all of the time but I sure read a lot of post's...I find that I can learn a whole lot from you guys who have been doing this a long time. I love this site.

23. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was looking for a 50's tandem bicycle to fix up for me and my boy - found a HAMB add on a google search and met UncleScooby. He took me to meet GMCBubba when I showed up to pick up the bike in my Ranchero. The rest is history - I haven't missed a Wed Build Night at Bubba's since.

24. CheapCat

CheapCat
    from Illinois

I was wanting to get back into the Hot Rod / Old Car hobby again after many years away. So I did a google search for these type of sites to see what is going on. Found the Hamb right away and love it loads of information hopefully I be able to add to that information. If I was passing thru I would not have become an Alliance member. I just got my new project home today a 56 Pontiac 2 dr. hardtop.

The way I look at it not everybody is not going to like every car, truck, etc. posted on here no big deal. If you don't like mine or what I do with it does not bother me, it's mine and I'm happy with it!

25. ticktock

ticktock
    from New Jersey

A friend of mine who posts here every now and again recommended it to me when I told him I was looking for a car to buy. Since then I've been perusing the classifieds daily and reading the board trying to gain as much knowledge as I can.

Still on the hunt for the right car though. One day it will pop up.

26. krooser

krooser

Those window decals are a scarce commodity... rarer than common sense in Washington. You have to KNOW someone to get one...

27. krooser

krooser

Since you're in Texas you need to get your sorry ass to The Round-Up next weekend... no frickin excuses.

Walk around a little and say "nice rat rod" to every car owner... hopefully you'll be outta surgery in time to go next year... this time with the proper attitude...

BTW.... I'll be driving 1300 miles to the show... I wouldn't do that just to see "rat rods"...

28. my AD resembles that fuckin POS remark!!:D but no time , no money , no effort , it remains!!

29. Maleficus

Maleficus

I found a link to the site and checked it out as I love rods and old American cars just as much as I like British cars, I might not have a HAMB friendly car for a few years but I enjoy coming on here, there is so much useful information. Every time I come on here it makes me want to start something from scratch that much more..

30. My brother in law(taildragin) was wearing a HAMB t shirt and i asked him about it, few years later I was talkin to my sis(daisyduke) about building my frist rod in ten years and she said I would love this site as it was everything to do with the style I am going to build my rod in.
    looked it up,and i am totaly in awe of the whole thing!
    In england we can only look in books and search for pic's and info on early and trad rods on the internet.
    but on here you can actualy read posts and tech by the very people that started this way of life,so you can do it yourself, just like back in the day.
    How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I aint leavin, way to much to read and knowlage to be gained.