Register now to get rid of these ads!

Foot starter- anyone go backward..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forty1, Mar 26, 2010.

1. forty1

forty1

Ok , I can take a flogging if necessary. One of the things I miss about a 1931 Essex SuperSix we use to own in the 70's, was the floor mounted foot starter switch. My search turned tup these two links. My question is has anyone one gone ' backward and do this provided they had the floor space?
    Any pictures and or comments?
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420430&highlight=foot+operated+starter+switches

http://content.yudu.com/Aydsc/HoldenVintageClassic/resources/41.htm

Thanks & cheers
    -41-

2. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I put the floor start back in my 53 after a previous owner had removed the assembly. It uses a mechanical system with a lever that runs over to an arm on the starter..a pedal type. My 28 chev has an all electictric system.

Attached Files:

• pas.jpg
      pas.jpg
      File size:
      479.3 KB
      Views:
    • dr.jpg
      dr.jpg
      File size:
      322.3 KB
      Views:
    • 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      430.1 KB
      Views:
  3. forty1

forty1

thanks, Rehpotsstircj

4. fuel

fuel

I put the foot starter back in my 40 chevy PU that I did a couple of years ago. That was the FIRST and the LAST time I'll do that.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If I did not have to change the flywheel I would put the foot stomp starter back in my 37 chevy p/u,I just had to be able to start it from a key when I put it togather. When installing the T-5 I had the flywheel out to change bellhousing and then would have been the time to go to the foot stomp starter but wanted to do it after I had it all back togather,I did install the linkage to make it looks like it has it but its for looks only.

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Use a carb from an old Buick, and you can start it just by depressing the gas peddle. Starter-switch on the carb, and it's deactivated by the vacuum. Used to confuse a few of my passengers in my old Roadmaster. Of course, using the Buick carb is easier said than done...depending on what you're fitting it to. I suppose the same thing could be accomplished with new components.

7. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Okay, I want pictures. That sounds really cool.